Rude Health

Debloubed

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
When people say 'Pacific' instead of 'Specific' :-)
Has anyone tried 'Rude Health' food products?! They do a range of sugar/salt/gluten free cereals and snacks like honey puffed oats and rice snacks etc, they look nice and the ingredients are pretty 'pure' and free from additives - but do they taste like cardboard?! Obviously they have carbs so not looking for carb advice just taste advice please :D :p

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Debs,

Just taken a look at their website, the products do look nice but the prices are way out of reach for a poor man like me! :(

Nigel

Debloubed

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
yeah, not the cheapest I grant you but just on a mission to find breakfast food without shed loads of additives which actually taste nice! Best thing I have found so far are Wheat Puffs which are currently on offer in Tesco, 2 boxes for £1.70 or something like that which isn't too bad but they are getting a bit dull :lol:

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Debs,

At the moment I am only eating porridge for breakfast except on a weekend where I will have a boiled egg with toast, the original scotch porridge oats are 100% oats and nothing else, no additives or preservatives and wholesome as they come. :)

Nigel

Debloubed

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Oooh, I love porridge but I'm afraid I like to have at least 5 options for brekkie each week! Low boredom threshhold in my house :wink:

carty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
There are loads of things to add to porridge like berries ,cinnamon ,grated apple or pear creme fraiche, cream and more. Just be imaginative :D
CAROL

Debloubed

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
carty said:
There are loads of things to add to porridge like berries ,cinnamon ,grated apple or pear creme fraiche, cream and more. Just be imaginative :D
CAROL

I add all of those and more! Berries are my fave :) actually, my ultimate fave are those little tubes of Innocent smoothies, yummy added to hot porridge 8) I just don't like to eat it every day :D thought the Rude Health cereals look ok but have found that sometimes products like that can taste a bit cardboardy, perhaps I will risk it anyway :wink:

))Denise((

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I like their 'no flamin raisins' museli as it has no wheat (I'm intollerant to it) but to lower the carbs in it I add ground almonds and extra nuts. The only supermarket that stocks it is Waitrose and my town doesn't have one at the moment, so I clear the shelves when I go and stay with my friend ....

Another brand of cereals made in a similar way are Pertwood Organics, slightly cheaper and available in most supermarkets.

They are a bit of an aquired taste being quite low in natural sugars, but they are something my stomach agrees with.

Debloubed

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
thanks Denise - no Waitrose near me either but I have an Ocado (sp?) voucher so perhaps I can order it online - thanks for the tip!

))Denise((

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I have just started adding cinnamon to my breakfast cereal mix, just a sprinkle over the top. It makes it more interesting. The added bonus seems to be a 0.5 drop in bs.