Running for Diabetes UK

CH12runner

Hello there, I am running the London Marathon 2016 for Diabetes UK, and have an enormous amount of money to fundraise. My 9 year old brother was diagnosed with Type 1 diabetes last year, and he has found it really difficult to adjust to his new lifestyle. However, thanks to his new omnipod, he is finding a new lease of life and finally starting to eat properly again! My 26 miles of agony is for him and all those who suffer from diabetes, you are all absolutely amazing!!

But if anyone would like to donate to my page, from the kindness of their heart, the link is http://www.justgiving.com/owner-email/pleasesponsor/Chantalle-Hiscock1

xxxxx

TorqPenderloin

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I think it's great that you're trying to support your brother and help raise money for a good cause.

HOWEVER, it rubs me the wrong way when someone joins a forum and immediately starts asking for money (even if it's for a good cause). Maybe I'm alone on this and if so, I'll shut up. However, there are many of us (myself included) currently raising money for various diabetes charities. It just seems wrong to hit people up within the diabetic community.

(EDIT) to explain what I mean- when I found out my mother had breast cancer five years ago I decided to raise money for breast cancer awareness. Im sure you'd agree that it would have been odd to join a cancer support forum and ask for donations. Again, I know you have good intentions, but step back, asses the situation, and realize your actions may not come off the way you intend.

Oh and my mother's cancer has been in remission for 4+ years now :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 6 people