Type 1 Running out of injection sites

60yearson

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I've had diabetes for over 62 years now and still going strong! But...running out of places to inject. I am on DAFNE and inject around 5 times a day. Lantus in bum once a day. It is the Novo that is the problem. Can no longer use arms or legs. Have been using my stomach.

Has anyone heard anything about sites healing and so can be used again?
TIA,

h5eks62

Hi, yes sites do heal, but thay can take some time, just look out for lumps, dont inject were lumps are, I have been injecting in my feet so my sites can heal, give sites time then you can reuse them again.

60yearson

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi, yes sites do heal, but thay can take some time, just look out for lumps, dont inject were lumps are, I have been injecting in my feet so my sites can heal, give sites time then you can reuse them again.

Not sure about healing eventually because I have not used my arms in over 10 years and the doctor said they were still not useable. Perhaps it I just me. We are all different.

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
I wonder if the an Insulin Pump that be the best outcome for you. I'm not really clued up on them but hopefully one on the pumpers might say if this is a good idea.