1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2022 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Samsung phones

Discussion in 'Insulin Pump Forum' started by james555, Sep 15, 2021.

1. james555

james555 · Member

Can anyone tell me which Samsung phone works best with the 780g medtronic pump

2. Riva_Roxaban

Riva_Roxaban Type 2 · Well-Known Member

3. Mr_Pot

Mr_Pot Type 2 · Well-Known Member

My collection of phone compatibility data was only concerned with the Libre 2 so no help regarding pumps I'm afraid.

4. In Response

In Response Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Libre and Medtronic 780G are completely different things.

@james555 have you tried contacting Medtronic?
    With a quick Google search, I found this https://guardianconnect.medtronic-diabetes.co.uk/app-compatibility but this is only the CGM. I found nothing with regard to pump compatiblity.
    That said, it was only a quick search and I did notice the pump manual is online which I didn't bother reading.

5. james555

james555 · Member

Thanks very much I will mention it to medtronic rep about it tomorrow when I am starting on 780g pump thank you

6. NicoleC1971

NicoleC1971 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Good luck. Looks like it may turn into a closed loop system if the CGM part (Guardian)can be funded by the NHS in which case it will work with any Samsung smart phone with blue tooth but you should be able to ask the pump rep. In my case (tandem pump with dexcom) I can only see my bg results on my phone rather than pump data so would be interested to see what yours can do!

7. james555

james555 · Member

Yes the guardian

Yes the cgm guardian is fully funded here in ireland with the 780g pump just need to get a compatible phone many thanks for getting back to me

8. jackthejoker

jackthejoker Type 1 · Member

Hi james555.... If you just Google medtronic 780g compatible phones you will see a full list available. My young daughter has a Samsung S10 for hers. We're Ireland also and she's been on the 780g since the summer and has changed her life (and mine) for the better... Best of luck on your new journey

• Like Like x 1
  9. james555

james555 · Member

Thanks very much glad you and your Daughter is getting on well with your new pump put mine on on last Friday won't be going in to Auto mode on till 29 so looking forward to that and I am lucky my Samsung 21s is working with pump thanks again

• Like Like x 1
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook