Second HBA1C results

Tm6t7

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi all, three months in and had my second results back, unfortunately the diabetes nurse was not in the surgery so just had a brief chat with another nurse...1st test was 11.7% three months of LCHF diet and down to 6.4%!!!
Liver and kidney function all normal :)
I have a 'proper' appointment with diabetes nurse beginning of July, should be interesting..I'm on 1x500mg metformin a day...hopefully I'll soon be on 0 a day!!
So glad I found this forum!

Reactions: 7 people

4ratbags

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Great results, you can definitely get down to 0 meds. You can do it.

Diamum5972

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Prejudiced people (my son has learning difficulties) and not being able to find a job
Hi all, three months in and had my second results back, unfortunately the diabetes nurse was not in the surgery so just had a brief chat with another nurse...1st test was 11.7% three months of LCHF diet and down to 6.4%!!!
I have a 'proper' appointment with diabetes nurse beginning of July, should be interesting..I'm on 1x500mg metformin a day...hopefully I'll soon be on 0 a day!!
That's a great result, well done! my first HbA1C was 43 and my next one is due in September. My fasting readings have gone down from 8.8 to 6.3 so I hope my result is as good as yours

robnewt

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Well done! Keep up the good work

sanguine

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Intolerance, career politicians, reality TV and so-called celebrity culture, mobile phones in the quiet carriage.
Very good @Tm6t7 , keep up the good work!

JAY1JAY1

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diabetes
That's great your an inspiration to us all :)

Scimama

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
great result, keep up the good work.

Make sure you get your annual foot and eye check too