Seen the consultant today! Thanks DAFNE !

issigonis59

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi there,

Just wanted to share..... I've had my review appointment with the consultant today. It's the first one since my DAFNE course and hopefully managing to get control again. I was somewhat concerned about my results as they have been so bad in recent years, and I have suffered with a water infection and subsequently thrush in the last few weeks, so it's taken a while to "get back to normal".
However my HbA1C was 6.2 !

Which I know means I have a way to go to reach the 5% club but is a really major improvement from the 11.2 it was last time. My consultant was really pleased with me :D . Which is really encouraging, I can't wait for the next appointment now !

I was so excited that I completely forgot to ask about my Cholesterol results, so have to ring now to check what they are ! Assuming they are ok, otherwise he would have said.

Just wanted to share !

Rachel

Dennis

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
People who join web forums to be agressive and cause trouble
Well done Rachel - that's great news - and doesn't it give you a real buzz to see such a reduction.

issigonis59

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Thanks Dennis - Yes it's really encouraged me to stick with it and get that result down even further! :shock:

I rang for my cholesterol results, the nurse left me a message to say they were within normal range, but she is putting me a copy in the post ! So that's looking good too.

Cheers

Rachel :wink:

LittleSue

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Wow, what an improvement. So pleased for you. Isn't it great? Since DAFNE I actually like going to clinic, instead of feeling like a kid who hasn't done their homework.
Keep up the good work.

Jude

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Forgive my ignorance but what is DAFNE? :roll: Thank you. Jude

cugila

Master
Dislikes
People who are touchy.......feign indignation at the slightest thing. Hypocrites, bullies and cowards.
Hi Jude.

DAFNE. Dose Adjustment For Normal Eating ( an acronym) :D

Ken.

issigonis59

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi Jude

DAFNE stands for Dose Adjustment For Normal Eating - to enable you to take control of you diabetes by managing your insulin doses based on food, activity etc. But it's far more than just Carb counting, they cover illness, excercise, medications, phsycological issues and a whole lot more. Even though I'd been diagnosed Type 1 for 12 years, it has changed my life ! I've actually reduced my insulin doses considerable just by being more aware of what I am eating and how certain things effect my blood sugar.

Rachel

sandymaynard

Hi rachel,
Well done to you! congratulations they are great results! just a little knowledge can go along way! A little support can go a long way as well!
Great results well done!
Sandy

chocoholic

Well done on getting your Hba1c down so much. I wish they did DAFNE courses in my area. I'd definitely give it a whirl.

fitz

been to seemy nurse today. My HbA1C was 6.3.fasting blood 5.6...cholestoral 5.2...shes happy with that all cholestral has gone up....she wasnt my original nurse but is stil happy with the way i`m handling Type 2 controled by diet and exercise...thought i`d be less but been on a allinclusive holiday to Turkey so enough said if my results dont please all but i`m chuffed....