1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Sending pump supplies in the post

Discussion in 'Insulin Pump Forum' started by BethTwydall, Dec 7, 2015.

1. BethTwydall

BethTwydall Type 1 · Active Member

Does anyone have any experience of this? I'm needing to send some to the US or Mexico whilst away for a year travelling. I know Roche won't send them so hoping I can get my mum to post them to me. Any advice appreciated!

2. vic hill

vic hill Type 1 · Well-Known Member

hi
    just a note for you .
    my son had few years back
    six months in south america . we need to send a camera first of all go and get advice from the POST OFFICE
    a to send your medical stuff to either USA OR MEXICO i would think easy to send to USA
    now we sent camera to a city in south america post office tracking system was very good ...
    but we got let down by the post in south america so it got sent back to england not sure why it did make the city possible time lag
    also at the time we also had to sort out a TAX DEMAND and you try and tell the tax office why he could not talk or send and e mail
    in the end i had to pay
    as the firm he worked was a leading BANK who're behind in tax affairs so i hope this helps
    vic
    ps please reply

3. BethTwydall

BethTwydall Type 1 · Active Member

Hi Vic

I went to the post office and they said if I get a letter from the doctors saying why I needed to post it then if customs have to open it then that should be okay.
    Am sending it off tomorrow so wish me luck!

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook