1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2020 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Seriously confused

Discussion in 'Weight Loss and Dieting' started by fliss, Oct 7, 2010.

1. fliss

fliss Other · Active Member

Hi

I take 2 x 850 metformin a day and also have hypoglycemia!

The nurse at my practise doesn't seem to care what I eat!!

Does anyone have any suggestions, I really need to loose a stone and it just wont come off I am getting desperate.

I have no idea what I should/shouldn't be eating.

Desperate from York

2. sugarless sue

sugarless sue · Master

Maybe some of this information may help you.

3. fliss

fliss Other · Active Member

Hi sue

thank you for the Info, it really is trial and eror isn't it!

4. jaykay

jaykay · Well-Known Member

Good luck Fliss, I can tell you that the advice given here certainly worked for me and I'm still losing weight ( although at a slightly slower rate ). The nice thing about watching your carbs is that you don't get so hungry and as long as you plan ahead there is a load of things you can eat. Lunchtimes out on the run are the worst for me as everyone else can grab a sandwich or jacket potato but I have to find somewhere that does great salads or a more'formal' kind of lunch. Never mind, it's not much of a cross to bear :D

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook