Set Ripped Off

dtennant9

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
On Saturday morning when I woke up my entire set had ripped off during the night.
This is the first time that this has ever happened to me since going on the pump and I'm at a loss to how this could have happened or how long I was off it.
My BG was not too bad to begin with then started to go up after an hour. It was also quite difficult to get things under control until after lunchtime.
Have any of you ever had issues with this before and how do you go about preventing it happening. I've always been quite confident in the sets before.

Last edited by a moderator:

CarbsRok

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
pasta ice cream and chocolate
Put some tape on the tubing a couple of cm above the connection, problem solved. :)

Reactions: 5 people

anna29

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cruelty to Animals/Children
Liars/Manipulators/Bullying
On Saturday morning when I woke up my entire set had ripped off during the night.
This is the first time that this has ever happened to me since going on the pump and I'm at a loss to how this could have happened or how long I was off it.
My BG was not too bad to begin with then started to go up after an hour. It was also quite difficult to get things under control until after lunchtime.
Have any of you ever had issues with this before and how do you go about preventing it happening. I've always been quite confident in the sets before.

Sounds a bit sore and ouch moment !
Hope more pumpers can help you with their support and experience(s)

Reactions: 3 people

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Didn't even notice a thing until I woke up at my normal time.

As your bg wasn't high on waking it must have happened later in the night rather than earlier, but still a scare just the same.

Reactions: 5 people

MushyPeaBrain

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
What sets do you use and where was it placed?

A lady on my pump starter course had this happen several times but in her case she discovered it was her cat yanking them out while she slept through!

Reactions: 4 people

Spiker

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I think it's a lot less likely to happen if the pump is not free to move around. Do you clip your pump on somewhere, or strap it on?

Reactions: 2 people

dtennant9

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
As your bg wasn't high on waking it must have happened later in the night rather than earlier, but still a scare just the same.

Yes, I was thinking it couldn't have happened much more than an hour or two before hand.

What sets do you use and where was it placed?

A lady on my pump starter course had this happen several times but in her case she discovered it was her cat yanking them out while she slept through!

I use the Medtronic Mio Sets.

I think it's a lot less likely to happen if the pump is not free to move around. Do you clip your pump on somewhere, or strap it on?

I clip the pump on to the front of my PJ bottoms. It has never happened before and has been ok the last two nights.