Severe Head Cold

maisiepug

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
idiots who think they know everything but they really know nothing
Hi all, I have had a really severe head cold for over a week now and really feel ill with it most of the time, I went to the chemist in the end yesterday and she was really helpful, remembered I was type 2, took blood pressure tablets and eye drops for high pressure in my eyes. I didn't have to tell her she remembered. She found me some sugar free cough medicine, advised me on a decongestant to take for the blocked nose and sinuses and also some cream for the cold sores (6) at the moment, nothing is working yet and I feel worse this morning. But I was wondering if any of you guys can give me some advice what has helped you in the past. Any suggestions would be really welome as I am struggling at the moment. My BS levels are fine though.
Thanks

Clivethedrive

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Jogging
Chicken broth..nothing like it for colds an flu get well soon

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Hi @maisiepug. I'm sorry to hear you are feeling so bad. I hate having colds. I have had a mild cold for the last few days, but it seems to have cleared up now. It is good that your BS levels are ok, I had a high reading yesterday which I put down to the cold.
I haven't had a bad cold since being diagnosed T2, but what I used to do was to take dual relief (for nasal and sinus congestion and headache/pain relief) tablets. They are called Contac. They are supposed to be 'non drowsy' but I found they did make me feel tired, though that might just have been the cold.
And I would drink a few tots of brandy in the evening. I don't know if it helped with thew cold, but it helped make me forget it a bit!:)
I hope you feel better soon.