Sex related question - Sorry

Faith*

Dislikes
Arrogant/unhelpful people. Spiders/bugs basically anything with 6-8 legs. Creeps me out.
Hate mud unless I'm camping oddly
:shock: hi, right, I didn't really know where to post this question so I thought I'd try in here.
I was reading last night and I realised that myself and my partner aren't exactly as active as we used to be in the bedroom. We've been together 7 years and are getting married in 6 months so I know it's normal to be less active than in the beginning of a relationship.
I just wondered does anyone else find they suffer with a low libido/sex drive along side having diabetes? (I heard it can be related)
Thanks, Joanne

LemonTree

Dislikes
High sugar levels :(
Ok, um. In my experience, I've been with my partner 8 years and we got married 18 months ago and yeah, it has dwindled out after the first few years. I expected it. In magazines they always say after about 18 months those feelings do go away a lot. Something to do with the need to procreate or bond early on in the relationship or something... :)

If you're both ok with it then don't dwell on it too much. I think it's probably difficult to know how much the diabetes effects your libido really.

Now you'll have loads of people telling you the opposite...

Sent from my GT-I9100 using DCUK Forum mobile app

ianjd20

I was diagnosed type 2 4yrs ago,however, I am pretty sure I was diabetic for several yrs prior to this. I had a very stressful job until a breakdown 2yrs ago and consequently, all factors taken into account, I slowly became impotent. I have seen doctors and tried many things but nothing happens. My libido or drive is, however, most certainly still there. I married my wife 3 yrs ago and she knew of the problem but hey we get by :crazy:

MCMLXXIII

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi Faith

As a married father of four I was faced with "erm, this doesn't happen to ME".
I've every sympathy for anyone in this position.
Coming to terms with it is a big hurdle, as the worry makes things worse.
I've documented on other threads how I tackled my weight, sugar and labido on other threads so I will give you what I think to be relevant advice based on experience.
Water- Plenty of fruits such as blueberries, bananas and raspberries. full of zinc, potassium and magnesium.
Get the free radicals out of the system with exercise such as walking or a cross trainer.
Assist your blood sugar and your labido with Ginseng- It really does work.
I loved cider and beer, I now drink red wine on much less a scale.
Cutting down the alcohol made a vast improvement.
Good on the inside-good on the outside if you see what I mean, I don't want to be too explicit on a forum! :)

Faith*

Dislikes
Arrogant/unhelpful people. Spiders/bugs basically anything with 6-8 legs. Creeps me out.
Hate mud unless I'm camping oddly
Thanks for your advice guys and girls - I know, sorry it's a dodgy topic I just needed some sort of reassurance that it is kind of a normal thing. I really appreciate it though. Maybe after the wedding I'll be less stressed ey :D

viviennem

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Football. Bad manners.
Not a dodgy topic, Faith* - we can discuss anything and everything on here, provided we keep the language clean! :wink:

The beauty of this forum is that you'll always find a fellow-diabetic who knows exactly what you're talking about and can at least empathise - and usually you'll get some help!

Viv 8)