dollydreamer

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Tories
hi everyone,
am t2 on meds not very good control with diet i'm afraid - but i want to know what to do when i start shaking inside, at moment i have to eat and keep eating until the shaking subsides, which it does, is this a hypo ? only once has this happened when i was able to test and my bs was quite high. what do i do, am i right to eat at this = it feels right to eat and also feels right to be a bit more strict around my diet and eat little and often then it doesn't happen, pls help as they don't happen that often but they are quite frightening.

Hobs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
Argumenative barstifferous (new word *lol*) types who think that they know everything *wink*
It depends on what your BG readings were. 4 and below is hypo territory, but I start to feel squiffy around the 4.5 mark and like to be no lower than 5.
You also have to remember that these test meters can be a smuch as 10% in error around any given point so basically they are only a guide as to trends and not a true exact reading.

Patch

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
If you are T2 with poor control I wouldn't expect you to go hypo unless you are taking high levels of medication. if you have poor control and poor diet, I can't see how you would go hypo...

cugila

Master
Dislikes
People who are touchy.......feign indignation at the slightest thing. Hypocrites, bullies and cowards.
dollydreamer said:
hi everyone,
am t2 on meds not very good control with diet i'm afraid - but i want to know what to do when i start shaking inside, at moment i have to eat and keep eating until the shaking subsides, which it does, is this a hypo ? only once has this happened when i was able to test and my bs was quite high. what do i do, am i right to eat at this = it feels right to eat and also feels right to be a bit more strict around my diet and eat little and often then it doesn't happen, pls help as they don't happen that often but they are quite frightening.

Anybody......Diabetic or not can suffer from a hypo. It just means low blood glucose levels.

You don't say in your post what level your Bg was when you felt this way ? It would also be helpful to know what your levels are at other times of the day, especially 2 hrs after meals. It could be something not directly related to your Diabetes and Bg levels, there is not enough information in your post to give a positive answer.

Have you discussed this with your GP ?

Ken