Shaving the belly ?

Brava210

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not Moaning
Hi, just started on the pump - Saline this week. I have changed cannula twice and am getting red patches on the skin where the cannula is stuck down.
It is also ripping my little belly haors off..... Should I shave or not :oops:

Gary

Brava210

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not Moaning
Cheers I will pick up some spray and see how that helps.
I am still trying different cannulas.....just stuck in a metal one :shock:

Gary

iHs

Liftplus spray from Opus Healthcare is fantastic for easing the adhesive from skin. Just spray, wait a few secs and then gently peel back set in virtually pain free way. If you google it, you can get the company to send you out a free sample which will last you a while. :mrgreen:

Brava210

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not Moaning
Lovely, i will do that, I am finding it really painful to remove the cannula plaster.

I have now picked up the barrier spray from ASDA Pharmacy, just giving them a pat on the back as they were really helpful unlike BOOTS :evil:

Brava210

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not Moaning
Yeah ,thats what I did.....Boots would NOT order it without prescription :?: ...ASDA did, they ordered it at 10:00, I picked it up at 17:00 :D With a prescription picked up from the Doctors at 16:30..

Thanks Gary

meela83

Try the liftplus it's brilliant. I had exactly the same problem and iHs recommended it. Googled, sent for free trial which I'm still using 3 months later. Dr has said he will issue me with a prescription when I need more. I was allergic to the cavillon spray unfortunately :cry:

Brava210

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not Moaning
Well I am now a fully fledged Pumper, started with Novorapid yesterday.
I am having high peaks 2 hours after meals but it drops quickly after this, is this normal or should I just let it settle for a week or so :)