Short blog on Pumping, travel, Greece and goats!

Riri

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
The conservative party, people who are cruel to animals and aggressive people
Well, just returned from a 2 week holiday in Greece. Pump was in full use with TBR being used here there and everywhere. This time, no probs with blood sugars on the flight/journey but during our stay on Symi I have to say they were fairly unpredictable. Seven day average on my meter before I left was 7.0 and 8.4 during the hols - hubby says this is not too bad. Had 1 hypo at night when BSs kept falling and it took 45 mins for sugars to get up above 4.0 - very scary. Otherwise a bit of a rollacoaster this time whereas usually they behave better than this.
Pump went through Gatwick and Rhodes airport without a fuss - in fact the staff were lovely and helpful.
A bit of a panic moment on Marathounda beach which is very remote and only reached by boat. My husband and I went in for a swim only to look back at our sunbeds to find a herd of goats inspecting our beach bags!! I had visions of a poor goat chomping into my pump!!! I got out quick and whished them away with my pump still intact :thumbup:
I did have a few 'moment' with random numbers, TBRs and pump attached 24/7 where I thought that injections would be better and even after coming home wonder if it may be worth switching for next hols :problem: