Should I change to Levemir

binney

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi all really need some advice as cannot get my fasting glucose to normal range has been like it for weeks no matter what I try and its really getting me down, am wondering if I should change my basal to Levemir instead of Insulatard which I split taking it AM and PM.I feel I get the DP as my levels are always much higher than pre bed, and I have tested in the night before to see what it was and it hasn't been low.For example I can go to bed with a BS of 8mmols and wake with it at 20 and its been going that high every morning for a couple of weeks now. I have changed the time I take it from 10or 11pm to 8pm to see if I can get the peak it provides to stop the sugar rising early hours but doesn't seem to be happening, maybe its just not working for me so this is why I am wondering if I would be better changing to Levemir.Would be grateful to hear all your thoughts and views on if Levemir would help

Many thanks
Binney

Elc1112

Hi,

It might be worth taking to your GP as he/she may suggest taking all of your Insulatard in one hit as opposed to two. I changes from Insulatard to Levimor about four years ago. I was experiencing different problems - blood sugars erratic during the day - but it certainly helped with that. Other people, however, won't have for on so well with Levemir and will have preferred Insulatard or Lantus. Talk to your GP and see what they suggest.

Em