Should I eat it??

sugarmog

Cooked myself a chicken pie yesterday evening. Had a small slice of it for my tea. Was intending to have some more for my lunch but forgot to put it in the fridge overnight. It is actually quite cold in my kitchen overnight but it was out of the fridge for about 12 hours. Is it still safe to eat it.

mo1905

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Rude people !
Send sample to me to advise further !

Fallgal

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Personally, I would NEVER eat chicken that was out of the fridge for 12 hours. I always figure it is far less painful to throw something out than to suffer through food poisoning. ;)

douglas99

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
I would probably.
My kitchen is as cold as the fridge overnight.

It was only cooked yesterday, properly reheated, anything will be killed off again, just make sure it's well heated, rather than just warm.

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Cooked myself a chicken pie yesterday evening. Had a small slice of it for my tea. Was intending to have some more for my lunch but forgot to put it in the fridge overnight. It is actually quite cold in my kitchen overnight but it was out of the fridge for about 12 hours. Is it still safe to eat it.

My kitchen was very cold this morning so I wouldn't be too bothered about using it today, however if you had the CH on overnight or your kitchen is normally quite warm then I'd throw it away, if in doubt with food such as poultry it's better to bin it rather than get a stomach upset.

It's your call really....

carty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
If you decide to eat it just make sure that the chicken is piping hot all the way through ,it is tempting tojust check the pie is hot
CAROL

hale710

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Noooo don't eat it cold!

Reheated it would probably be fine if the kitchen was fairly cold. I wouldn't risk it cold though

Blogging at drivendiabetic.wordpress.com

douglas99

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Microwave it.

Make the soup out of the innards of the pie?

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
I'm intrigued, did you eat the pie and hows the guts if you did?

sugarmog

It's still in the fridge. I think the cats might be the beneficiaries of the insides, and maybe the birds would like the pastry. I decided not to risk it.

Thommothebear

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
If it was in my kitchen I would eat it. We have no heating, feels like you open the fridge door to get some warmth :)

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Same here, I made a chicken madras type curry on Sunday, did the same and forgot to put it in the fridge sunday evening and only remembered Monday after noon when it went into the fridge. Finished the last of it on Wednesday, was perfectly edible and no problems since. That which does not kill us makes us stronger etc etc. Of course I am a polar bear though....

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
It's still in the fridge. I think the cats might be the beneficiaries of the insides, and maybe the birds would like the pastry. I decided not to risk it.

Good call, better to err on the side of caution rather than get a bad stomach.