1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2020 »
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Silhouettes insertion needle question

Discussion in 'Insulin Pump Forum' started by Riri, Jun 26, 2015.

1. Riri

Riri Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Hia - does everyone else notice that the needle sometimes pulls out and is as straight as a die and then others times the needle itself will have a bend in it? I just wandered if this happens to others and has anyone noticed a difference in BSs when the needle comes out with a bend in it? I can't say I have noticed but 'had a moment' yesterday where I began to wonder and started thinking whether or not this was affecting my BS which are, let's say, a bit unpredictable at times. The sites hardly ever hurt nor is there ever blood in the cannula when I take them out after 3 days if the needle went in straight or bent.

2. dancer

dancer Type 1 · Well-Known Member

I was on Silhouettes when I first started on the pump. We were told, if the needle is bent, there could be a link in the cannula, so change it. I must admit I didn't always change it, I just waited to see how things went.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Riri

Thanks Dancer - I did wonder!

4. Riri

Thought I'd add 30-40% of mine come out bent so changing them would be a right pain and a big cost. As I say I don't notice any difference and usually when I look at the tubing after I've pulled out its always straight. I do have the odd one that's kinked at the end but even they don't seem to pose me a problem over the 3 days. All a mystery really.

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook