Silhouettes insertion needle question

Riri

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
The conservative party, people who are cruel to animals and aggressive people
Hia - does everyone else notice that the needle sometimes pulls out and is as straight as a die and then others times the needle itself will have a bend in it? I just wandered if this happens to others and has anyone noticed a difference in BSs when the needle comes out with a bend in it? I can't say I have noticed but 'had a moment' yesterday where I began to wonder and started thinking whether or not this was affecting my BS which are, let's say, a bit unpredictable at times. The sites hardly ever hurt nor is there ever blood in the cannula when I take them out after 3 days if the needle went in straight or bent.

dancer

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I was on Silhouettes when I first started on the pump. We were told, if the needle is bent, there could be a link in the cannula, so change it. I must admit I didn't always change it, I just waited to see how things went.

Reactions: 2 people

Riri

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Thanks Dancer - I did wonder!

Riri

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Thought I'd add 30-40% of mine come out bent so changing them would be a right pain and a big cost. As I say I don't notice any difference and usually when I look at the tubing after I've pulled out its always straight. I do have the odd one that's kinked at the end but even they don't seem to pose me a problem over the 3 days. All a mystery really.