Sitagliptin

SweetGuy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I've been taking Sitagliptin in addition to Metformin now for 3 months and the results have been a bit disappointing. I still consistently have a pre-food BG of over 1 mmol/ml higher than when I was taking Metformin alone about a year ago.

Anyone else taken this. Did it make a significant difference? How long did it take to work?

kay957

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Re: Sitalgliptin

I have just finished taking januvia, it worked well for me, but I had a problem losing weight with it. I also had very bad headaches, until I stopped the drug and now take victoza, I now know what the headaches was caused by...januvia

C

catherinecherub

And you didn't tell us it was your Birthday, kay 957

Attachments

• birthday.gif
    birthday.gif
    5.2 KB · Views: 2,784

kay957

Type of diabetes
Type 2

Thanks, I am getting too old now to celebrate birthdays as I used to, but I have had a little bit of a diabeitc trifle after dinner :D so that's my treat for the week, it had a little bit of sherry in the bottom.

cocacola

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
celery, not eating chocolate

I'm a type 2 diabetic and my GP has just prescribed this medication for me. My BG went up from 7.0 to 7.6 over the Christmas period :roll: I take 500mg of Metformin 3X day.
Just wondering if anyone has had any success with Sitalgliptin. Off to pick up my script.

SweetGuy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

Well not a spectacular success no. It has improved things a bit but not by enough really.

cocacola

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes

Well I'm into day 4 of Sitalgliptin, so far I feel extremely drowsy of an afternoon. Plus a little bit of constipation.
Hopefully these things will improve over the coming weeks.

How long would it be before I see a drop in my BG levels?

cocacola

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes

Had my Hb1Ac taken this week. That is 4 weeks after starting sitagliptin. Already been taking metformin for 2 years.
Phoned my surgery for results and I have gone down from 7.6 to 6.5 8) I think I'm pleased with the results :lol:
Combination of sitagliptin, no chocolate biscuits :cry: and lowering my carb levels.
Lost half a stone too 8) :mrgreen:

snowshoe

I took it for over 18 motns and it seemed to work well for me but i got terrible indigestion and heartburn when i started taking Gliclozide as well so my doctor told me to stop it and all seemed to calm down after a week.

Magill

Dislikes
Some of the "candidates" in the Apprentice - I would never have employed some of the nasty individuals that pop up as potential employees in this show. If they are the best on offer then heaven help us!

SweetGuy said:
I've been taking Sitagliptin in addition to Metformin now for 3 months and the results have been a bit disappointing. I still consistently have a pre-food BG of over 1 mmol/ml higher than when I was taking Metformin alone about a year ago.

Anyone else taken this. Did it make a significant difference? How long did it take to work?

I was started on it today and was told it will take about a month to work and the difference will happen slowly. I'm being tested in 4 weeks time. I had crept up to 9.5 so I hope to see some drop by then. :?

cocacola

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes

I've been taking sitagliptin now for 3 months. I haven't had an Hb1Ac for a couple of months. But I have now lost 12 pounds :mrgreen: The weight loss seems to have stuck at 12 pounds though :( But then again, I have sort of lapsed on my low carb diet, the odd ice cream in the hot summer weather :roll:
I too get a bit of constipation, but that is easily remedied by taking a senna tablet. No other side effects, so I am quite happy to keep taking it.