Sitagliptin

Montana

Dislikes
Anyone moody negative or judgemental
Been on T2 med Sep12 1 x 500mg metformin 1 x 100mg sitagliptin. Dec 12 had arthritic pain hands and fingers and currently having investigations. Just re-read patient info leaflet on Sitagliptin and under side effects states a common s/effect is osteoarthritis and i'm wondering if there is a link with what i'm suffering from. Anyone else got similar problems.

Montana

Dislikes
Anyone moody negative or judgemental
Other diabetic medications

:shock: hi Catherine thank you for that I really appreciate it! If that fails is it worth retrying the post under another heading/topic? Linzi :wave :

Radders

I've asked to come off Sitagliptin after having used it for 18 months. I have had headaches, upper respiratory infections non-stop, lost my voice countless times (not good for a teacher but kids love it!), choking on phlegm build-up, persistent coughing, constipation, excruciating joint and muscle pains and back and lumber pain too. But didn't put two and two together until I thought I would revisit the side effects of the meds I use - All of the above were in the sitagliptin leaflet.

So now I'm trying a week off them to see how I go but DSN feels I will need to go onto something else as BGs are too high normally. I have been on Metformin and SR version - that's another long story of pain! and Glimepiride (too sensitive).

So back to the drawing board - hope it helps!