Site spot bumps

I've been wearing an insulin pump for ten years. When I was younger I changed my set around a lot more and used different kinds of sets a lot more. As I've gotten older it's just been easier to use a silhouette in my stomach. I've had doctors tell me not to put it in places like my leg where it's mostly muscle because of insulin resistance. The stomach set site just works really well for me. But it's caused a lot of scar tissue and I have bumps on both sides of my stomach that I would like to get rid of. Any ideas? Does anyone else have this problem?

candi-girl

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
i've only been on a pump 4 years. but i only use my tummy. tried leg and arm but not comfy. insulin hurt going in and the set ached. so use tummy and sides (fatter bits etc) i have pump bumps. would love to know how to stop them too. some worse that others. i've found they are best if i change the set every 2 days instead of 3. and just rub moisturiser on my tummy each day to help the skin, guess can't do much more than that.

bonerp

I use flexlinks from AccuChek but find that becaase the tube is larger and the insertion needle is thicker than a needle, I have lumps too. I use needle versions (rapid D Links) every few weeks for a week or so to give the sites a chance to recover properly.

kegstore

Dislikes
Unnecessary rudeness, and any PC
I change sets every 3 days or so, use my stomach area exclusively and luckily don't have any bumps. It might be worth trying bio-oil, aloe vera or cortisone cream on the affected areas, but I doubt this is a quick fix route... :(