1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2022 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Six months check

Discussion in 'Ask A Question' started by Trymybest, Jan 10, 2022.

1. Trymybest

Trymybest · Member

Just interested to hear if I’m not alone with this situation.Since the beginning of covid I have had no checks for my T3 (pancreatic diabetes) is anyone getting any checks?

• Hug Hug x 2
  2. Bluetit1802

Bluetit1802 Type 2 (in remission!) · Legend

I am a T2 in remission, and still get my checks and reviews. Have you tried contacting the surgery or wherever your reviews normally take place?

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. Rokaab

Rokaab Type 1 · Well-Known Member

I know I've been having phone appointments with the hospital for mine - in fact the next one is later this afternoon

• Like Like x 1
  4. EllieM

EllieM Type 1 · Moderator
    Staff Member

I'm in New Zealand so assuming you're in UK my experience isn't relevant. However my UK T2 dad has had two hba1cs since the start of covid and several eye checks. In your position I'd phone your surgery and remind them that you exist. Or do you get managed by a hospital endocrinologist?

You might have to have a virtual appointment but you should get one. 2 years is too long to go without a check.

5. Trymybest

Trymybest · Member

Sorr

6. Trymybest

Trymybest · Member

Sorry, yes I am from the UK. I am managed by my GP surgery, seems like I need to call them.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. daffy1

daffy1 · Well-Known Member

I was due an eye check just at the start of covid so went for over 2 years without a check and didn’t see my dn in 2 years for the normal checks. But ive recently moved house and my new doctors are totally different and I have regular contact with the DN sand was sent for an eye check

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook