skin Irritation - Librefreestyle

Alidubai

Hello ,

I have been using the sensors for a while now. However , every time I remove the sensor after 14 days , there is a sever redness on the skin where the sensor was .

Has anyone experienced this and if so , what did you do about it

EllieM

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
forum bugs
Hello ,

I have been using the sensors for a while now. However , every time I remove the sensor after 14 days , there is a sever redness on the skin where the sensor was .

Has anyone experienced this and if so , what did you do about it

It's a very common issue unfortunately. I personally had to stop using the system, because the irritation caused too much inaccuracy in the sensor result, but others have managed to keep going with it.

https://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/threads/freestyle-libre-poll-have-you-had-a-skin-reaction.77681/

There are lots of other threads about it but the above is pretty informative. Some people manage by putting a patch under the sensor... Have a read.

Energize

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@Alidubai

You could also try a search on Google for "Dexcom and Libre Rash", rather than just 'Libre Rash' and you'll find loads of links.

Dexcom (an alternative system) has similiar issues. Various solutions are given to prevent such problems. Unfortunately, not all work for everyone.