Skin Layers..........

DiabetiesChild

ive recently had a lot of skin peeling off the bottom of my feet around the heel and at the bottom of m toes. does anyone else have this problem? does it have anything to do with diabetes? as i am quite worried about it because hole layers of skin can come off my heels!

sugarless sue

Master
Dislikes
Rude people! Not being able to do the things I want to do.
I think you should see the doctor about that one! There is a possibility you could be sensitive to the dye in the shoes you are wearing.That can cause skin peeling but it is best to seek medical advice especially with your feet.

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
You could have a fungal infection, which is difficult to get rid of, especially if your BG is a bit on the high side. See your Doctor ASAP

Thirsty

Athlete's foot or something similar? I've found I've been prone to fungal infections since developing diabetes, and believe this is fairly common. Definitely one for the doctor to check out, though.

ChocFish

Hi there, tell do your feet itch or burn? If so it could be a fungal infection, or do you wear trainers, in the warm weather your feet sweat and the skin cannot breathe and this can cause the skin to peel, or do you have dry skin? If so you need to moisturise them over night. It could also be eczema or psoriasis, so Sugarless Sue is absolutely right, get this checked out by your doctor. Dont worry though, it wont be anything serious I am sure, I think its just an annoying problem.

I used to have lots of problems with my feet, but now I moisturise my feet overnight, and during the day I use either footspray or powder to keep them dry, its a good routine to get into.

Love

Karen x