skin problems

shirlee

i am waiting for an appt after being diagnosed last week type 2> I have read as much as I can before getting depressed. Today I have noticed my arms and legs face and neck as though I have been sunbathing. Any ideas

Reactions: linda4amici

Dennis

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
People who join web forums to be agressive and cause trouble
Hi Shirlee,

One of the side effects of diabetes can be dehydration. This can draw moisture from the skin, resulting in a dry and sometimes blotchy red skin. Drink plenty of water and treat the areas with a light moisturiser (like an after-sun treatment).

Administrator

Staff Member
Administrator
Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
There should be some articles on the site regarding this Shirlee -w ould you like the lniks to them?

Dennis

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
People who join web forums to be agressive and cause trouble
I assume the last post was aimed ay Kazza. If someone who suffers from psoriasis tried to exfoliate using a lofa (or luffa) sponge, they would be in agony for weeks and would very likely end up being hospitalised. I imagine that Kazza would have far more sense than to try this.

( Mod.note.The post this mentioned has been deleted)

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
A "Loofah" [sic.] is a bit much for psoriasis. A good gentle exfoliator for other bits is one of Lidl's white microfibre cleaning cloths. They make wondeful wash cloths, soft to touch, but effective. Best thing, they're cheap. In addition, if you keep wringing them out, they are so absorbent that you can dry yourself completely with one. they discolour eventually and can be demoted to household cleaning, where they will wipe grease off the kitchen cupboards with just warm water and suds.

gillyh

Dislikes
arrogant drivers/people, ill mannered people, cruelty to people and animals, condescention
I've noticed since being diagnosed 18 months ago my skin is very dry and itchy. I've used several creams but as yet nothing seems to work. My skin reacts badly to aloe vera so I have to be careful. Any suggestions? My feet are bad too especially with hard skin. :cry:

ChocFish

Gilly what kind of diet do you have, I mean is it low fat? Maybe you should increase your fat intake of the healthy fats of course, NO transfats/synthetic rubbish, if you like avocado this can help too. Have you tried brewers yeast tablets, they are also very good for your skin.

Re feet, there is in here somewhere a thread on flexitol footcream, members have posted there with some ideas on how to keep our tootsies nice and soft and problem free. viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2549&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&hilit=flexitol

All the best

Karen