1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Sleeping

Discussion in 'Insulin Pump Forum' started by linsay, Aug 25, 2013.

1. linsay

linsay · Well-Known Member

Hi everyone. Im just wondering what does everyone do with their pump when sleeping. Im having terrible trouble with it at night. Im quite a restless sleeper. Suggestions please. Thanks guys
    Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

2. mrman

mrman Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Usually like to have it on my arm using the arm strap and case. Depending on position I'm lying in just simply turn it on my arm. All the leads tucked in strap. If.any where else such as stomach, thigh clip on my boxers if wearing them. If not just leave it next to me.

3. iHs

iHs · Well-Known Member

Hi linsay

Not sure because of your frozen shoulder how you are sleeping but Ive found that just using a mobile phone sock and making a hole at one end and threading a loop of chord through the hole and hanging the pump around my neck when I go to bed stops the tube from winding itself around me when I turn. The chord loop can be made as long as you like. Also a cheap fabric sunglass bag with drawstring one end will also work (99p shops) if you cant get a mobile phone sock.

Lastly something that you should already have with any luck and that is a skin. If you put pump in skin and thread a length of thin ribbon through the 2 holes at the end of the skin and then make a loop and knot it, you can use the skin at night instead of sock.

4. linsay

Thanks guys. Yes the frozen shoulder is giving me a bit of hassle in the night. I will try the pouch as at the moment im wakening up all tangled. Its no good really. I do have a skin but I really dont like the feel of it. I Appreciate your help

5. iHs

iHs · Well-Known Member

Another pumper uses tubigrip (chemist) on her arm and just folds the tubigrip over the pump and sleeps ok like that although has a long tube attached to the pump to thread through clothing to where the set has been inserted. If you don't fancy the tubigrip on the arm, you could put it on your leg and be ok.

6. anna29

anna29 Type 2 · Well-Known Member
    Retired Moderator

Hi linsay .

If ? your pump cannula is in your tummy area ?

Another pump user wears some big stretchy knickers in bed .
    She collects all the tubing and tucks it into her knicker waistline plus the pump too.

She can wriggle about in her sleep - tangle free this way she declares !

Just another :idea: idea for you .

Anna .

7. iHs

iHs · Well-Known Member

These are great linsay..... Ive got some and they are really comfortable and don't show under jeans or tight fitting trousers and would be ideal to shove pump in along with the tubing

Google: Marlon Black Smooth Maxi Cotton/Lycra Knickers Size 12-14 (available in other sizes too)

8. linsay

9. Riri

Riri Type 1 · Well-Known Member

I clip mine to my pjs with the tubing inside the pyjama bottoms. The pump is left in the case with the belt clip on it. Thought I'd find this uncomfortable but I don't surprisingly. Never had an issue with tangled tubing or pulling tubing out.

10. Mrspuddle

Mrspuddle · Well-Known Member

I made a crochet pouch for mine which seems to keep it secure under my pillow when I don't use it the pump tends to end up stuck under my husband with tubes roundmy neck!!

11. Trina

Trina Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Hi. I use the thigh stretchy pump cover from Accuchek. Sounds strange I know but the pump cover is so stretchy it fits round my tummy. Stays put all night. Hope this helps

12. Luckystar96

Luckystar96 · Active Member

I recommend the pump belts from funky pumpers. Comfy and you can wear with anything- pyjamas, nightie or nothing!! :)

13. Tijn

Tijn · Member

Hello!
    I always have my pump in my underwear. Never have problems with it. But i don't know where ur set is my set is on my stomach so easy to put in my underwear.

Tijn

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook