Slept Though Last Night! Hooray!

FranOnTheEdge

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Coriander leaf, chillis, celery, sausages,
Slept though until 5am last night! Hooray! I'm normally up about 3 or 4 times during the night, but last night was different.

Not only did I not wake until 5, I also had a lovely dream where I was getting thinner, and could actually feel that, my stomach didn't ache, my bad knee didn't wake me in agony, my sciatica in my right leg didn't seem to be there at all, my neck wasn't hurting, and my back wasn't spasaming either, and no headache!
Still had a dry mouth in the morning, but even that didn't seem as dry as usual.

Now I can understand the lovely dream - last night was weigh-in at Slimming World, and I'd lost 2 & 1/2 lb. Not as good as my scales at home said that morning, (they said 3lb) but hey, I'd eaten lunch/dinner before I went, so heigh-ho.
Oh and I guess the rest of it is fairly logical if you take into account the nice strong pills I just got from the Nurse Practitioner yesterday. I've had 'em before - last time I had the spasms in my back, but I don't like taking such things if I don't have to, so I try to only take them if I really need it.

Now I used to be able to continue a dream, (like clicking the pause button off on a video) each night, continuously for 4 or 5 nights running... wouldn't it be lovely if I could go back to the "thinner me" dream tonight?

Anyone else have a good night, nice dreams, less pains?

Reactions: 5 people

Alzebra

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Ah, an unbroken night after a long spell of bad nights .... bliss! Hope you do manage to get back into your lovely dream tonigh and get another good rest.
ps When were you diagnosed? Your signature suggests next Christmas? ;)

FranOnTheEdge

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Ah, an unbroken night after a long spell of bad nights .... bliss! Hope you do manage to get back into your lovely dream tonigh and get another good rest.
ps When were you diagnosed? Your signature suggests next Christmas? ;)
ROFL, Darned typos!

PatsyB

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
Lovely...I so hate waking up in the night and not feeling refreshed in the morning....

FranOnTheEdge

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Oh me too PatsyB, it's been so long I've forgotten what a real night's sleep is like. Mind you I slept pretty well last night too, only woke at 2am for a visit to the loo, then all the way through to 6.58am, got up 15 minutes later and took the dog out - saw that there were 3 bluebells opening up and lots more buds to come... nice.
So that's almost 2 nights in a row sleeping through.