Slim Fast

fuzzelogik

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Dislikes
Negative people who will always knock something, regardless of the situation. Poverty, cruelty to anything and generally nasty people and events!
Hi all,

Just wanted to know if anybody has been using Slimfast as a tool to drop those pounds?

Last year I went through a few early diabetes workshops and thought I need help with the weight side of things. I was referred to a Diabetes Dietitian who referred me to a normal Dietitian who recommended I use Slimfast.

I am currently drinking two shakes a day, two healthy snacks (under 150 cals) and a main meal which is between 400 and 500 cals. This has worked for me and I have so far lost just over 3 stones in under a year. Has anybody else has had the same experience?

I'm at that stage where I can't face milk or the smell of strawberries (only flavour shake I can stomach!)and wondered how you got past it?

Thanks!

Lauren

Patch

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
First up - good work on dropping 3st!!!

daisy1

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cruelty towards animals.
Had a haircut Patch ? lol

fuzzelogik

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Dislikes
Negative people who will always knock something, regardless of the situation. Poverty, cruelty to anything and generally nasty people and events!
Thanks for the congrats all! I hope to keep going until I reach my target but 7 months of mainly a milkshake diet is killing me...

fuzzelogik

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Dislikes
They do but as I'm not following it precisely it makes it a little harder!

youngmanfrank

I used Slimfast for eight weeks on my Newcastle Diet.My local Tesco had only chocolate,vanilla and strawberry,but Boots had caffe latte and forest fruits.Couldn't hack strawberry (too sweet) or vanilla (just too horrible) but found the coffee flavoured one quite good.

I was only on it for a relatively short time,so just toughed it out.Can't imagine existing on it for a year.In the end I lived for the salad bowls I ate with it.

Elc1112

Great job on the wright loss so far. Not surprised you are fed up of the shakes. Are there any other brands you could try? They might have other flavours that are a bit more appetising? Or could you try replacing some of the shakes with fruit smoothies, for example (if you make your own you can pick low GI or low carb options). Could even get a juicer and make your own juices at home - there are sone great recipe available and it's shake things up a bit. I've never done the slim fast diet myself. I have, however, done the juice detox a few times (usually to drip a few pounds to fit into a dress or something daft like that). Anyway, hope you manage to find a way to brighten up the diet! Keep at it. Emma :)

Tracey167

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi

Great job on the weight loss well done. I haven't done the slimfast but i done weight watchers and that worked for me, i lost 2st in 6 months but you have to stick to it religously counting points bur as long as you stay within your daily allowance you can eat whatever you want. I now fit comfortably back into my size 12 jeans.

tracey167

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
I tried Slimfast for just a week. I GAINED a pound and my blood glucose went up out of my personal target zone.
It obviously didn't work for me. I'm envious of anyone who has success with it. I suspect that it didn't work for me, because i'm a low carber and it's higher in carbs than my usuaol eating pattern.
Hana

Becks20

I tried the Slimfast diet, two a day with a main meal (healthy) and no snacking. It was horrible! So hard to do. I would stare at everyone watching them eat! I tried it for 4 weeks and didn't loose a thing! :(
I only liked the strawberry one. Didn't like any other flavours.
Maybe try a different set of shakes? Some do other flavours. We only went for slimfast as it was cheaper than asda's own on offer.

Good luck!

Becks :)