slimming world, type 2 and metformin sr

chrissieworne

Hi all

At last my DN has agreed I can'r tolerate standard Metformin and has prescribed me the SR version. Fingers crossed :)

However, got a talking to about my weight as I have put on some more...not good. :oops:

Two yrs ago 9and b4 diagnosis) I lost 4 stones on slimming world, is anyone here following their plans? :?:

My only concern is that the green day which i used to follow most are carby and the red days are very protein based and am not a bif carnivore.

Anyone help me? :wink:

Cheers Chrissie

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
I've never done "Slimming World", but my daughter has and I don't think it's very appropriate for a diabetic.
If you need a plan to follow, rather than DIY weight loss, How about trying Atkins or South Beach?
Hana

jwilki

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I have tried slimming world and it worked well. I worked out correct amount of insulin for them green days which did take time and left me with a set menu. I tended to work more with red and mix days. However I no longer do it as I found just by control of portions and exercise weight comes off.

FordPrefect

You have to be really careful with most foods "healthy" and "low fat" normally equals huge amounts of sugar and carbs in my experience. How most of these supermarkets can get away with calling there **** stuff like "eat well" or "good for you" I dont know. The other day I checked out the stir fry sauces in one supermarket and it had 30g of sugar thats just the **** sauce I wouldnt consider having that amount of carbs total in any one meal never mind just the sauce.

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
Slimming World and Weight Watchers, are both fairly high in carbs and therefor probably more suied to insulin users, although they claim to be able to suit diabetics.
Probably with " eat 7 - 14 portions of starchy carbs per day"
Hana