Small Needles

ljwilson

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes!
Has anyone else been having problems with the very small needles - 4mm? I was recently put on these instead of the 8mm and I am having problems with them. My legs are full of lumps from the levemir and I am getting very high readings in the middle of the night which I am sure is down to the size of needle and the insulin not getting into my system properly. I have spoken to my nurse today and she has put the 8mm back on my repeat. Is this a common problem?

Lorna

ManUtdGal!

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Animal cruelty!
I tried the 4mm and had problems. Lumps and bruises at jab site. On 6mm now and much better. If they think 8mm is too long for you try the 6mm.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Hi I was on 8 mm for a few years, then DSN said I shouldn't be on that size because I'm small built ( that's the wording I'm using) I do get bruises and some lumpy, bumpy bits, but thought it's just because of long time diabetic, but no real big worries though .

RRB :)

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Not had any problems with the 4mm needle, but if you had no problems before with the 8mm needle then ask to change back Lorna, if they ask why you want to change back just tell them what you've said here.