Small steps - no need to reply.

Nemo

Just thought I'd let you know, after my 'urgent' referals in August I am attending an assessment for diabetic psychotherapy next Monday. However, IF it is deemed the right way forward, I still have to wait at least 4 months for actual treatment. I am trying, albeit not hard enough and my last hba1c was rubbish, 11.5 compared to the last one which was 7.2 six mnths ago.

brianb

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Good luck Nemo, you will get there in the end and at the pace thats best most comfortable for you.

Brian

totsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
liars, animal cruelty
hya nemo,
i know u didnt need a reply i thought i would,im glad things are finally moving forward for you,i know it is slow but u will get there in the end,as u know ive been depressed to the point of breakdown before so i really do understand how youre feeling,please continue to try your hardest on your road to recovery as it will be worth it in the end xxamanda

ChocFish

Nemo, I know its a long time to wait for that appointment, but take it one day at a time, with every day passing you are a step closer.

Stay strong

Love

Karen x

Nemo

Well the appointment is over. I am a good candidate for psychotherapy. It won't start til February though. It was very hard.

Katharine

Great news Nemo.

You are young and intelligent, know your diabetes stuff and have a lovely family. You have everthing to live for and live long for.

Big hugs,

Katharine.

totsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
liars, animal cruelty
awwww nemo,glad you can have it,feb will soon be ere,keep your chin up luv :D

chocoholic

I'm so glad to see you posting again, Nemo. Especially as you have been brave enough to get that appointment. Feb. will soon be here, so chin up and please let us know how you get on.
Best Wishes, choc.