Snacks

Matthew1990

Dislikes
Working.
Working
and
Working!
Between meals I feel the urge to eat as before I was diagnosed with diabetes I was always eating snacks such as crisps etc.

What do you suggest I can eat as a snack that won't affect my sugar level and keep it within the normal ranges?

Snack o Jack crisps?
Scones?
Nuts?
Any type of sweets?

Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Thanks

JIMDOG1

Dislikes
patranising dr and nurses lol
Hi Matthew1990

I was recently diagnosed with with type 2 im on insulin 4 times and metformin i was heavy snacker but have to change my lifestyle now.

For my change in diet for which is keeping me satisfied on decent scale ill just post what my typical daily diet is hope you find this usefull.

just bear in mind i have to get up for 5am for work

breakfast 3 weetabix

midmorning snack small tomatoes cucumber ham and chease half sandwhich apple satsuma

lunch around 2 pm as above with the rest of sandwhich

dinner tonight i had ribeye steak cooked in george foreman beans and a few oven chips and low fat & sugar yogurt.

hope you find that of use oh and strawberries go great with yogurt and i greedaly at a whole punnet out of tesco and it didant put my bg levels up :evil:

carty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi Mathew
When I was diagnosed with DB I was 1stone under weight so I was advised to snack between meals to try to gain some weight .This is hard to do without eating carbs which put up my BGs I have found having a bag or two of nuts handy to graze on ,walnuts and almonds are good also cubes of cheese and cherry tomatoes (not too many they can put BGs up)I coat nuts in high cocoa chocolate ready for if i feel like a sweet snack these are very filling so they are good for an evening if you get the munchies :lol: Some times you just have to change your way of thinking about the food you eat for instance I would never have thought of eating cooked meat as a snack but these also are filling without spiking BG levels.
Hope this helps. CAROL

Joe72

Hi
I'm recently diagnosed type 1 and have a huge appetite as I exercise a lot (weights mainly).
Does anyone have any recommendations on snacks in between meals?

Someone advised me that protein bars may be a good option as they dont affect BG too much and fill you up.
Thanks Joe

Sanober

Dislikes
Not really knowing what's going on inside my Endocrine system!!!
Some examples of my inbetween meal snacks that I tend to have, but I'm relatively recently diagnosed T2 so by no means is this a definitive list.

2 Oatcakes (thin ones) with some cheese
1 or 2 Ryvita with some cheese
1 or 2 Wholemeal Digestive
2 Squares 70% 0r 85% dark Divine choc
zero% Total Greek yoghurt
2 Mini baby bells (light)
1 Cheese slice (mild cheddar)
1 mini pot of hummous (light)
Nuts - handful - although I've found from another thread on the forum actual peanuts/cashews are carbier than hazlenuts/walnuts.
1 banana - although this is usually pre exercise or if I have a long gap between meals