so how am i doing ?

panjanda

Hi
don't get my monitor till tomorrow, so having to guess what is best to eat at the moment.
So for breakfast I've had two grilled bacon slices and two eggs scrambled with a coffee, and lunch I've had two slices of Burgen bread with sardines on and a glass of water.
I will leave it a bit then have an apple.
Is this sounding of so far or have i got it totally wrong...help x

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

nigiollabhui

Hi I am new to GD and Forums but what you have described sounds along the lines as to what I have been told. I use a book and a phone App called Carbs and Cals that the diabetic midwife recommended for counting carbs, I was told to aim for about 150g of carbs per day spread out for 30 g per main meal and 10g for snacks but I think the targets for carbs are set to individual needs based on BMI etc. Hope it all goes well for you.

lessci

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Sounds sensible, but I'd have the apple with your lunch rather than seperately

mo1905

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Rude people !
Hi
don't get my monitor till tomorrow, so having to guess what is best to eat at the moment.
So for breakfast I've had two grilled bacon slices and two eggs scrambled with a coffee, and lunch I've had two slices of Burgen bread with sardines on and a glass of water.

Seems like you are doing very well. Nice choices. When you get your monitor you'll get a better idea but can't see anything wrong with your diet so far. Good luck !
Mo

Reactions: 2 people

sagarg

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi

Hello,
I think you need to stop having grilled bacon and for alternative cheese bread and all the rest things are ok...

Madbazoo

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Can't see anything wrong with grilled bacon. You are doing well on that diet and will see what effect it has on your levels when you get your meter. The best advice I found on this forum was 'eat to your meter' and not get obsessed with counting carbs or calories. You will soon find what works for you.