So when are they gonna start calling for a "fat tax"?

uart

Type of diabetes
Type 1.5
Treatment type
Insulin
Just thinking about this today. Every time that someone in the media here starts talking about the modern T2/obesity problem they always say the same big three: sugar, fat and take away food.

Now since I'm doing really well on a LCHF diet I obviously don't think that fat is really the bad guy, but I know from what what I see and hear that most people do. So now I'm starting to wonder just how long before some genius start calling for a "fat tax" to match the similar calls for sugar.

TBH it will really **** me off if this does happen, but somehow I can see it happening.

TorqPenderloin

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Lol, I totally misunderstood the title of your thread.

I thought you were suggesting a tax for being fat/obese rather than a tax on dietary fats.

uart

Type of diabetes
Type 1.5
Treatment type
Insulin
Lol, I totally misunderstood the title of your thread.

I thought you were suggesting a tax for being fat/obese rather than a tax on dietary fats.
Yeah I also noticed that it looked a bit like that when I posted up that title. That's certainly not what I meant though. :)

It's just that there's been a lot of talk about introducing levies on foods high in sugar here, and I'm starting to wonder when some of the so called experts are going to want to start applying the same logic to foods high in fat.

This is where I think that a lot of our "nanny state" laws start to become a real problem. Often good intentions but misguided information.