Software for managing diabetes

CLP

Happy New Year to everyone.

Wondered if anyone had any recommendations for software for palm pilot where I can log BG readings, doses of insulin, what food eaten etc etc?

I was given a palm pilot for xmas and want to use it to help me monitor / control my condition.

Thanks

PS How do I change the signature. Can't seem to find the place to do this and mine is way out of date now!

sugarless sue

Master
Dislikes
Rude people! Not being able to do the things I want to do.
Go to user control panel>>>profile>>>>on left hand side you should see option to edit signature.

Have you searched web for palm pilot programmes. Skyscape do a lot but they are US orientated.

jopar

I use the Accu-check pocket compass software on my PDA, I'm not 100% sure whether it will work on the Palm pilot, but if your pilot OS is Palms operating system and not windows based then it should work on it..

The Accu-Check pocket compass you can up load BGs from a lot of htere meters, via infered, it comes with a carb/bolus wizard, you can put in carbs, insulin ect..

Give there customer services a phone, and ensure that you explain you want the Pocket Compass software other wise they might do as I did and send you the compass software for a PC and not the one for the Palm... Even though I have both, they did supply it all free though.

phoenix

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I use a program on my PC called Sidiary, I've found it very useful,and its good at predicting my HbA1c .There is a pocket pc version which (it says) can synchronize the data from ppc and vice versa.
Its made by a small company called sinovo . It costs about €20.
(actually it's become a commercial program in recent years, there is an early version for palm pilot available as freeware from several sites.)