some help & advice please

claireg

Type of diabetes
Type 2
hi everyone, im new to this forum so please be gentle with me. my history, i have a 10 year old daughter who is a type1 diabetic and she is on pump therapy. she has been suffering on & off for the past week or so with a sore tummy (crampings) i even got called from school the other day to collect her. ive been convinced that it is her periods on their way and im starting to panic, i have heard that diabetes can put this back making it happen later on, but whilst talking to my husband he took it upon hiself to look into things and he has came up with Gastroparesis, it says that up 75% of people who have diabetess suffer from this, is there anyone out there who has a child of the same age going through similar things or anyone who suffers from this Gastroparesis. any advice or help would be totally appreciated.:D

sugarless sue

Master
Dislikes
Rude people! Not being able to do the things I want to do.
Best advice before panicking about this is to take daughter to the doctor for a thorough examination.Once the doctor has seen her and checked out abdomen etc he/she will be able to give you a coarse of action.

martinbuchan

Gastroparesis comes with autonomic neuropathy. She would have numb feet, retinopathy, nephropathy and <u>serious vomiting</u> as well. Very very unlikely in a 10 yr old. Your average GP is not going to diagnose this. You need to see GP if not settling (whatever tha means).

Marty B