Some hope: background retinopathy

weeezer

I am absolutely elated, this is why...

I developed background retinopathy in 2010 after pregnancy. I was told (and read on here) that it could improve/reverse/disappear with good bg levels. But didnt quite believe it!

I had my eye screening today (my 3 yr old was highly disappointed when there was no 'ice screen' when we got there!) and i asked, yet again, if it can really be reversed.

The chap said if tiny haemorrhages have occurred, there would always be tiny minute scars, but that yes they could heal. And with good control new ones may be avoided.

He zoomed in on the pictures, in detail, on my left eye where there were 1 tiny and 1 even tinier dot last year. Today: NOTHING! I asked him to double check, he was v thorough, and said he screened the pictures and reported on them (not just took the pics) and I should believe him, when he said there was NO BACKGROUND RETINOPATHY!

I'm so happy, it's a real incentive to keep working so hard at maintaining good levels. I'm not gloating, I just wanted to share it, that it really is possible to improve things, because I was an unbeliever!

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

robert72

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Re: Some hope: background retinopathy

Well done!! :clap:

Faith*

Dislikes
Arrogant/unhelpful people. Spiders/bugs basically anything with 6-8 legs. Creeps me out.
Hate mud unless I'm camping oddly
Re: Some hope: background retinopathy

Awesome well done!! :D