Somebody help me ;(

haylz2002

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I havent took any insulin in days and i haven't tested either! I can't be bothered with it anymore and I have been pretending I'm not diabetic. My mum thinks I'm doing fine because I told her I've been bolusing and testing about 4 times a day! I need some inspiration to control this horrible illness :(

Fallgal

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Sweetie, I know nothing about T1 nor about insulin, but until someone better comes along - PLEASE do what you are supposed to do to control your diabetes. Wishing it away is not going to make that a reality! You will make yourself very sick in the process. How easy will it be to pretend you don't have diabetes when you are in the hospital? I know you are feeling very fed up at the moment. That is natural and we all feel that from time to time. Just please do not put your health at risk and further complicate matters by not testing and taking your insulin when you should.

Bazzza

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
You need to take it again, I know you know that. I stopped taking mine for years and years and ended up in hospital for a week being treated for DKA. A serious medical emergency related to diabetes. Like you I got fed up and tried to convince myself I was not a diabetic. But sadly it caught up with me in the end. I could of died by slipping into a coma. Some other health problems I had were, severe weight loss, really bad dry skin on my face, dandruff, skin/chest infections, low libido, bad moods, fatigue, chronic diarrhea, bad bacteria overgrowth, problems with my pancreas, loss of minerals and vitamins by mal-absorption.

You relly should just take it or you could end up very sick like I was, You shouldn't need inspiration to take your insulin...You ought to do it too keep yourself alive and as healthy as long as you can. Goodluck

Bar

Reactions: 2 people

pavlosn

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I so want to say the right thing to help you, to respond to your cry for help but what does a nearly fifty year old male t2 know about being a 22 year old girl with t1.

I know, as well as you do, that you can not carry on doing what you are doing at the moment. You can not go on ignoring your diabetes. Not if you want to stay healthy.

I do not know if this is a case of you just getting fed up with it all or if something happened to make you feel this way.

I suggest that you start by talking to someone probably your doctor about how you feel. Perhaps they can arrange for you to have some counseling

Please don't give up on yourself. You have your whole life ahead of you.

Pavlos

Reactions: 4 people

haylz2002

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I dont want to tell anyone. I want to sort it out myself. If my doctors found out they'd make me do loads of counselling and classes and I know everything already. I don't know how much insulin to take right now because my bloods are probably 50+ ;(

Positive

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi, when i read your thread i looked for the post below all over the place to copy here. You are young and may want to ignore 'diabetes' but there is a real dangers why you should not. Video here shocked me. But hope it makes you think the importance of your medicine.

http://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/threads/i-have-been-a-fool.64862/

Sorry for what you are going through but it will be worse if do not take control of it.
All the best.

Bazzza

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Take the help from the doctors...that's what they are there for (cough) Sometimes we need help and cant do everything on our own.Even if they do send you to classes it would be good because you don't know everything if you don't know how much insulin to take to bring your sugars under control. There is a math formula for it. So it would be worth going to even learn that.

haylz2002

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I know the math forma and I know all my ratios ect I know what to do I just choose not to :)

haylz2002

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Right now I have a lot of key tones as well and this is making me more disheartend :(

Mud Island Dweller

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
An awful lot.
Suggest Samaritans l used them a lot when the other half passed. They do not judge l often just cried down the phone they are there 24/7 Apart from the 24hr numbers there is daytime cheaper numbers.

Samaritans

24hr numbers
Day numbers

tim2000s

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
I dont want to tell anyone. I want to sort it out myself. If my doctors found out they'd make me do loads of counselling and classes and I know everything already. I don't know how much insulin to take right now because my bloods are probably 50+ ;(
Hi Haylz , I'm a t1 who was diagnosed as a youngster. The best way to help yourself is to take the dose you've been advised. At least if you do that you won't end up in hospital and you won't get the scrutiny from the doctors who want to counsel you.

Get yourself on an even keel and it will be easier to deal with the rest. It is rubbish being a diabetic when you are coming to grips with it but it isn't all bad news, and it won't stop you from having an amazing life. I've done loads of stupid things, jumped off hundred foot cliffs into the sea, woken up in the morning in a strange place not knowing where I was but with a bunch of great people around me and other equally daft things. Diabetes won't stop you living your life and because of it you can make far more of it.

Try using what you've been given and keep coming back. We are a friendly bunch and many of us have gone through similar things.

Bazzza

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
at the end of the day people can only offer so much support and advice on here. Its up to you to take responsibility for your own well being. The fact you have keytones right now ought to be making you more determined to get it under control right now and stop yourself from getting sicker, not disheartend. I think you aren't coping too well with your diabetes and think its about time you had a talk with doctors and/or parents.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Aaawww sweetheart life is rubbish at times, but you know what, we have all been through the 'rubbish' moments but it's surprising sometimes when you get that 'ping' moment and you know that you just have to carry on. You KNOW what to do, but it's finding that inner strength to actually do it ! Can you talk to a close friend or relative, also how old are you ? Stand tall, focus and try your very best to be strong and don't let the big D rule your life, we have it, but keep it under control :)

What lies behind us and what lies before us, is nothing compared to what lies within us. Take good care now
RRB x

Hebe

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hiya
At the end of the day you know what you have to do but I think you need to focus on why your not doing it.I am perfectly capable of doing tests and everything but sometimes I don't and to get back on track I have to think why I'm not doing it properly and try to fix it ,which is hard.
I understand why you don't want to tell your parents /doctors as I think they just think why don't you care or why would you not when you know what it will cause.
I find the worse my levels are the more I stress about it and get down about it but then on the other hand making my levels good is hard work and sometimes equally as miserable.

It's a really tricky horrible situation to be in but hope you can get back on it
Hebe xx

haylz2002

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I'm recovering quickly. I have got rid of most key tones and my sugars are down because I've had insulin! I'm actually a little low at 3.9 but its a good start to get me back on my way! Thank you all xx

Clivethedrive

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Jogging
Hey , I want you too know we are all concerned for you , we are all lovable people...love yourself and others will see the love in you , get well soon

RHNtype1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Days when my blood sugars do not work for me, HOWEVER these are now rare days as I have a pump after 33+ years of diabetes.
I am so glad that you are recovering.I did a lot of ignoring my diabetes (type 1 diagnosed 33 years ago, age 11) when I was a teenager and in my early twenties. I honestly think that if I had told everyone how scared and unhappy I was rather than try to pretend that I was fine I might have found it easier. What has made the difference for me has been to learn more and more about making changes to suit each day, once you know how your insulin works for you, how long it lasts, what happens when you have a really busy morning or whatever you get more confident. When your control is all over the place it can really bring you down and sometimes it is hard to guess if your erratic sugars are making you fed up or you are fed up because your sugars are erratic!! I really hope that you can find someone who can advise you, someone maybe not in your family so you can be straight and honest.....Good luck and take care of yourself, you must be exhausted. Rx

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

jack412

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@haylz2002 How are you going? I hope you are feeling a lot better. when you feel like it, now that you are back on your insulin. you may feel better sharing how you feel with your mum, mums worry and they try too hard sometimes with 'telling you how strong you are or similar encouragement' , sometimes we all need a cuddle and a cry about how shi*ty diabetes can be at times. you will feel a lot better getting your feeling out. the old saying is true, that a problem shared is a problem halved

kazC

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi @haylz2002, hope you're feeling better. Congratulate yourself on taking control of the situation and getting rid of those ketones. The last thing you want is a spell in hospital with DKA. You must've been feeling pretty awful :(

I do understand how hopeless it can feel at times. I'm T1, diagnosed age 4. It's a pain in the backside managing diabetes when there's so much else going on in your life. Take one day at a time. If you have a bad day, put it behind you and do the best you can the next.