1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Sore feet!

Discussion in 'Ask A Question' started by keebie, Sep 14, 2014.

1. keebie

keebie Type 2 · Member

Hi, not done this before, but now I am desperate!

I wore closed in shoes for the first time this year,on Friday, only had them on for about an hour, but they have rubbed a nasty blister on my toe :( The skin has broken, and its really painful. I suffer with my tingly/cold/hot feet a lot at night, but this is really painful. It feels like when my toes pulse, its like an electric shock in my toe, didnt get any sleep last night as it kept waking me up as I was nodding off. I have a dressing on my toe and it seems to be drying up ok, no redness except where the skin is off, no sign of infection. Its just these electric shocks!!! Anyone got any suggestions how to stop the pain? I take strong pain killers (for Fibromyalgia) already, but they dont touch this!

2. Squire Fulwood

Squire Fulwood Type 2 · Expert

Well the good news is it hurts. That means there is some feeling there. I am under strict instructions that if I have any problems with my feet I am to ask to see the nurse as soon as possible. Feet can be slow to heal and get infected during the process which leads to worse problems later.

• Like Like x 2
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook