Sore feet!

keebie

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi, not done this before, but now I am desperate!

I wore closed in shoes for the first time this year,on Friday, only had them on for about an hour, but they have rubbed a nasty blister on my toe :( The skin has broken, and its really painful. I suffer with my tingly/cold/hot feet a lot at night, but this is really painful. It feels like when my toes pulse, its like an electric shock in my toe, didnt get any sleep last night as it kept waking me up as I was nodding off. I have a dressing on my toe and it seems to be drying up ok, no redness except where the skin is off, no sign of infection. Its just these electric shocks!!! Anyone got any suggestions how to stop the pain? I take strong pain killers (for Fibromyalgia) already, but they dont touch this!

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well the good news is it hurts. That means there is some feeling there. I am under strict instructions that if I have any problems with my feet I am to ask to see the nurse as soon as possible. Feet can be slow to heal and get infected during the process which leads to worse problems later.

Reactions: 2 people