1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2022 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Sore feet

Discussion in 'Type 2 Diabetes' started by rolypoly58, Mar 6, 2016.

1. rolypoly58

rolypoly58 · Member

Can anyone tell me if it's common to get sore feet (soles) with diabetes I was diagnosed in October 2015 with type 2
    Thanks

2. urbanracer

urbanracer Type 1 · Expert
    Retired Moderator

It is quite common I think. I had it for many years prior to diagnosis but thankfully it eased when I started injecting insulin and my glucose levels came down. I still feel some effects though.

Are your blood sugars under control?

3. rolypoly58

rolypoly58 · Member

My blood levels are a bit up and down at the moment ranging between 6.9 to 8.5 still finding my way. Always had cracked heels started treating them with cream now. But lately it's been my insole that's sore.

4. Clivethedrive

Clivethedrive Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Hello rolypoly, welcome to the forum neuropathy of the feet is quiet common, i suffered from this when first diagnosed, but the good news is..after losing weight by low carb high fat way of eating, within 7 months my sore feet were much improved, use a good set of inserts for your shoes...and slippers , and try not to bathe ( wash your feet n water that is more than tepid, you will find that just these measures will help a lot until your bs's get into the 5% range, please keep posting and let us know how your doing. Clive

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. chocoholicnomore

chocoholicnomore Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Could be plantar fasciitis. I suffered that for a while until I got good insoles

6. DaveNN

DaveNN · Well-Known Member

It's a relief to know that sore feet can be treated and any initial neuropathy reversed. I've stopped my route marches due to a similar problem..though it looks like chilblains, possibly caused by putting ice cold boots on- having left them in the car boot overnight. I was told by my DN ( possibly the only piece of useful information she ever gave me, though) that having hairy toes...I'm not like a ruddy gibbon though..is a good sign as each hair follicle will be fed by a capillary. Pls continue to keep an eye on your feet and I wish you and all well.

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook