Sore joints

cruiksl

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I'm getting my head around the challenge of type 2 diabetrs and the lchf eating and enjoying it. One thing I've noticed though is all my joints ache at the as the day goes on. My wrists, elbows, knees and ankles get worse as the day goes on. Anyone else experience this ? Or is it totally separate ? Any advice appreciated.

Thanks

PatsyB

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
yes my knees hurt especially when walking up slopes and stairs might be my age though as am 70 years young

Reactions: 2 people

amgrundy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Being bored
Hi Before I was just diagnosed my hands hips wrists and elbows arms seemed to be aching more than ever , then when I was diagnosed in Jan this year I had a flu virus and this is when I found out about my Type 2 diagnoses. Now 8 weeks into the LCHF diet and 2 daily Metformin 500mg SR tablets all my joints have settled down so much I hardly notice. On saying this I do get pain in my thighs sometimes if I walk a lot. Hope this is a little help to you I know we are all different and some would argue that we can not put every little ailment down to diabetes, but personally I do think it played a big part in it from the Glucose perspective of it, I red somewhere on here about Glucose and affecting joints.:)

Reactions: 5 people

kokhongw

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I had a couple of years of joint/muscles aches (wrist, ankle, calf, thighs and back etc) and frozen shoulders (both side) and regularly needed accupuncture and massages to find relief before my diagnosis (Sep 2015 HbA1c 11%). Initially thought that much of these were due to lack of sleep from daily night feed for my cranky two year old :D.

Started LCHF about one week after diagnosis and gradually most of the aches have gone away...only left with lower back aches.

Reactions: 5 people