sore toe

tolsn

Type of diabetes
Type 2
hi all i have a sore toe on my right foot! its the 2nd one from my big toe its all ready and sore and swollen :( very sort and painful i have soaked it in salt water and no put a plaster and germoline cream anything else i can maybe do? am wondering if its a complecation to diabetes or just a sore toe! i have had in growing toe nails before but only ever on my big toe so not sure if it is one or just sore :? i havent banged it so i know its not from that, my shoes arnt tight (far from it :? ) i am at drs next tues so will show him if no better as i dont reckon i will beable to get in before unless its urgent :?
ok sorry i went on not been on here for a while as been dealing with my diabetes ok and also been dealing with a bullying issue at my sons school(hes been bullied) and these last few days i have felta bit low and had the thoughts in my head why me? why now? why cant i be normal? why did i have to get diabetes? none of which i can answer or any of you xxx just need to talk to someone as my family think i am dealing with it fine when deep down i dont think i am :roll: :| :?

hallii

Fungal infection under the nail or in the nail bed springs to mind. The doc. has some magic potion that will cure it in about six months.

It could be bacterial but as a T2 it's more likely to be fungal.

H

tolsn

Type of diabetes
Type 2
cheers for the reply hallii it looks red and sore then right where it isnear the nail its white and earlyer when i got my mum to have alook she said it looked like was full of gunk! :?

borofergie

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Racism, Sexism, Homophobia
Don't even risk it. Any problems with your feet, go straight to the Doctor. (S)He will take you seriously.

tolsn

Type of diabetes
Type 2
borofergie i am there tues hoping it will wait till then :? tbh knowing our drs surgery i wouldnt get an appointment before then anyway its redicules :roll: :crazy:

Defren

borofergie said:
Don't even risk it. Any problems with your feet, go straight to the Doctor. (S)He will take you seriously.

+1 diabetics with any foot problem should at the very least speak to their GP, a visit so s/he can see is better still. Don't dice with disaster where your feet or eyesight are concerned.

tolsn

Type of diabetes
Type 2
so really i need to go asap :? will see if i can get in 2moz (that is if i can atleast get past the receptionist!)

jopar

If you haven't banged it, and you'll sure that your shoes haven't been rubbing.

It could be an insect bite which has gone a bit iffy, so probably best to have it checked out by a doctor..

Defren

tolsn said:
so really i need to go asap :? will see if i can get in 2moz (that is if i can atleast get past the receptionist!)

I absolutely would. Google diabetic ulcers, I think you will understand why. I don't want to scare you, but us poor diabetics do heal less quickly than normal non diabetic folk, and while you have an open sore you have a nice comfy home for bacteria and germs.

I'm sure you will be fine, but better safe than sorry I say.

anna29

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cruelty to Animals/Children
Liars/Manipulators/Bullying
Hello.
Try asking for an emergency podiatry appointment , explain about your toe and request an emergency appointment.
It sounds infected, but you really do need a professional to take a look at it and possibly treat it sooner than let it
get worse.
Also in your post you sound as if you have been under considerable stress , stress can push the blood sugars up and
infections 'love' sugar , it is a catch 22 thing at times ...
Please do try and get some professional help soon.
Let us know how you go on too .
Anna.

tolsn

Type of diabetes
Type 2
hi anna
yeah stressed to the max tbh and no better nowkids are on summer hols xx still nowored fromthe school eather so am now having to go above them :/
yeah i did wonder if was aninfection with been so sore :/ and my blood sugers have been high scared me other day as had it up at 13.8mmol/l and never had it that high

anna29

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Please try contacting your GP's and request an emergency appointment to be on the safer side of things.
Yep stress is a factor in pushing your blood sugar levels up and your toe is a risk factor .
Some infections need treatment immediately plus antibiotics too .
Your HCP will be the best option here for you ...
Remember to let us know how things go , we are here to support and help you.
Anna.

tolsn

Type of diabetes
Type 2
HCP?
not got all the short versions of everything yet lol

i will let you know xxx fingers crossed i can get an appointment!

anna29

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
tolsn said:
HCP?
not got all the short versions of everything yet lol

i will let you know xxx fingers crossed i can get an appointment!
HCP = Health Care Professionals .
Any questions - just ask away , we are here to help .
Anna.

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
I wouldn't wait until Tuesday, try and get it looked at before if possible.

tolsn

Type of diabetes
Type 2
well as i thought drs ere usless and coudnt fit me in even when i said 'well i am diabetic and i really do think its infected soneed to see someone' the reply i got was 'h i am sorry to here that but we have no appointments till next wednesday to see any of the drs and the nurse isnt here shes at the other surgery but still booked up!' how bloody bad is that?? :? :x
so i will keep with the salt water and covering it over!
when i looked at it earlyer i squised it and some white gunk came out :? :| so i am deffo thinking infection!

lucylocket61

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Can you get to a Wlaking centre (no pun intended)?

In this weather and infection can quickly get very nasty if left untreated. Salt water will only purify the outer layers, but you dont want the infection getting into your bloodstream............

tolsn

Type of diabetes
Type 2
nope no walk in center nearus and nearest a&e is 1hrs drive away! we have minor injurys near us but both shut at 6pm till 8am its got rediculas here now!! :?