Soya milk in coffee

Books1

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Not a vital query but v frustrating for me. Every time I use soya milk in my coffee it splits - I like my coffee hot so leaving it to cool down before adding milk isn't a great option.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

M

mrspuddleduck

Hi Books, can I ask why you are using Soya milk? Health, diet or just choice? I absolutely hate soya milk but as Im a veggie, lactose intolerant, and low fat/carbs diet have to use mik alternatives. Have you tried Almond milk? Probably my favorite of the milk alternatives. At the moment however Im using Arla's lactofree skimmed dairy drink. Both seem to be fine with tea and coffee. Sue x

Books1

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi
Thanks Sue will try tracking that down. My normal semi-skimmed milk seened to affect my bg levels. Couldn't get on with Almond milk changed the taste of coffee too much May just have to learn to drink it black!

Reactions: 2 people
M

mrspuddleduck

Hi
Thanks Sue will try tracking that down. My normal semi-skimmed milk seened to affect my bg levels. Couldn't get on with Almond milk changed the taste of coffee too much May just have to learn to drink it black!

I found it in Tescos! Must admit my GP told me to cut down on the copious amounts of tea & coffee I drink cos of my bg levels - didnt make much difference though so Im back on the brews! good luck. S xxxx