Speak up!

fergus

Type of diabetes
Type 1
It's not often we're asked about how we'd like diabetes care to change in the future, but here's an opportunity...

The Minister for Public Health and Sport, Shona Robison MSP launched the Better Diabetes Care Consultation on Thursday 28 May 2009. You can find it at: www.scotland.gov.uk/diabetes.
As an important partner in shaping and delivering future diabetes care we would appreciate your feedback on our consultation.

OK, it's only Scotland, but like the Poll Tax and the smoking ban, we'll go first and the rest of you can catch up when you're ready.

All the best,

fergus

sugarless sue

Master
Dislikes
Rude people! Not being able to do the things I want to do.
Thanks Fergus!!That is some document to wade through but ,like the question, "How do you eat an elephant?" will look at it a bit at a time! :D

Administrator

Staff Member
Administrator
Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Elephants are strictly off the menu on this forum Sue. I don't want another debate about the low-elephant diet ruining things.

Dillinger

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Celery.
The low elephant diet is the way ahead - I find that elephants lower than 3 foot have little effect on my blood sugars, they are just difficult to find is all...

timo2

Dislikes
Glycemic excursions
I'm sure that some people can make the low elephant diet work. I tried it for the best part of a month and I was glad to get back to jumbos at the end of it all. I now go by the 'limbo rule'; If you can't limbo dance underneath it, then it's too small to go on the menu.

Now, if you'll excuse me, my trunks need a wash.

Trinkwasser

I've never eaten an elephant in my life, and here I am. This is obviously the cause. Can I get a grant to study this?

Administrator

Staff Member
Administrator
Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
A grant!!?

you must be trunk.

Dillinger

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Celery.
Oh lordy, poor Fergus and his petition.... :lol:

sugarless sue

Master
Dislikes
I can see we will have a hard tusk getting this back on track :lol: :lol: :lol:

Spiral

I'd say portion size is the way to go on the elephant diet. Just eat it one spoonful at a time. Of course, I'm no expert as I'm a vegetarian, but I can still have an opinion.

sixfoot

Spiral ..............Call me "thick skinned" if you like, but if you eat it a spoonfull at a time wont you need a pretty big fridge to keep it fresh in??

Dave P

cugila

Master
Dislikes
People who are touchy.......feign indignation at the slightest thing. Hypocrites, bullies and cowards.
Sue. How can you tell that an elephant has been in your fridge?

Dillinger

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Celery.
For the love of all things holy, please will one of you administrators lock this thread! :mrgreen: :D :mrgreen:

sugarless sue

Master
Dislikes
fergus said:
It's not often we're asked about how we'd like diabetes care to change in the future, but here's an opportunity...

The Minister for Public Health and Sport, Shona Robison MSP launched the Better Diabetes Care Consultation on Thursday 28 May 2009. You can find it at: http://www.scotland.gov.uk/diabetes.
As an important partner in shaping and delivering future diabetes care we would appreciate your feedback on our consultation.

OK, it's only Scotland, but like the Poll Tax and the smoking ban, we'll go first and the rest of you can catch up when you're ready.

All the best,

fergus

My apologies Fergus.It was not my intention to hijack the thread with that comment!! :lol: :lol:
Let's get the thread back on track!!

sugarless sue

Master
Dislikes
sixfoot said:
Jambo Bwana, lets get the safari back on the road , Sue you can be scout :lol:

Dave P

was never a scout or a guide for that matter!! :lol: :lol: :lol: