Spoke to soon !!!!!!!!!!

JUSTFOCUS

Dislikes
Scrooge . People who are always feeling sorry for themselves . The NHS . The benefit agency .Atttention seekers on forums or chat rooms.
Hi type 2 here
after 13 wks on glac i started my metformin last week .I had'nt had any side affects until now .I am itching as if i have slept in loft insulation. :lol: :lol: Although i have got away with no vommiting . The prickly heat affect is on overdrive with a vengance. I have noticed a slight lift on my bloods and my feet are in agonising pain as if i hit them with a 14lb hammer :roll: :roll: .His there anymore surprises with metformin side affects?
Does the met help to loose weight??
JF

Patch

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Crikey - I've never heard of any of those side effects. (Although I haven't read th einfo sheet for Met in a LOOONG time!)

daisy1

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cruelty towards animals.
I get the sweaty heat too but I never thought of it being related to the Met. I'd been looking frantically for an explanation. I might see if I can come off it now :) Itching too but it is also a side effect of another med I am taking. No foot pain or vomiting. I am on 2 x 500g Met. It does help me to lose weight or at least to stop me putting on weight.

cugila

Master
Dislikes
People who are touchy.......feign indignation at the slightest thing. Hypocrites, bullies and cowards.
JUSTFOCUS said:
Hi type 2 here
after 13 wks on glac i started my metformin last week .I had'nt had any side affects until now .I am itching as if i have slept in loft insulation. :lol: :lol: Although i have got away with no vommiting . The prickly heat affect is on overdrive with a vengance. I have noticed a slight lift on my bloods and my feet are in agonising pain as if i hit them with a 14lb hammer :roll: :roll: .His there anymore surprises with metformin side affects?
Does the met help to loose weight??
JF

FRom the Metformin information posted here.........

Seek medical attention right away if any of these SEVERE side effects occur:

Severe allergic reactions (rash; hives; itching; difficulty breathing; tightness in the chest; swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue); chest pain or discomfort; dizziness or lightheadedness; fast or difficult breathing; feeling of being unusually cold; fever, chills, or persistent sore throat; general feeling of being unwell; muscle pain or weakness; slow or irregular heartbeat; unusual drowsiness; unusual or persistent stomach pain or discomfort; unusual tiredness or weakness.

Only you know how bad you feel but several of the things you mention are sometimes a problem for people. You need to at least discuss it with your GP as it may be a reaction to the drug. Some of what you describe can also be a symptom of high blood sugar levels as well.

viewtopic.php?f=26&t=12124#p112411

JUSTFOCUS

Dislikes
Scrooge . People who are always feeling sorry for themselves . The NHS . The benefit agency .Atttention seekers on forums or chat rooms.
Thanks everyone I'm awaiting a call back from my DN. :roll: :roll:
JF

Cowboyjim

You might start reading War and Peace while you wait...
Met is an appetite suppressant and helped me lose two stone.... as if I needed to. 8)

Heblady

daisy1 said:
I get the sweaty heat too but I never thought of it being related to the Met. I'd been looking frantically for an explanation. I might see if I can come off it now :) Itching too but it is also a side effect of another med I am taking. No foot pain or vomiting. I am on 2 x 500g Met. It does help me to lose weight or at least to stop me putting on weight.
Phew..glad it is not just me..I am near mad sometimes with itching :oops: No vomiting or foot pain but sometimes my body temp goes off each end of the scale