1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2020 »
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Spots on foot? Is this diabeties related or from outdoors.

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Lulu9101112, Jul 26, 2019.

1. Lulu9101112

Lulu9101112 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

So Wednesday after the animal park I volunteer at I found my foot and leg to be very itchy. Then Thursday I realised I have these tiny red spots which are still here today and it seems like just after today after volunteering. It’s staring to slightly appear on my other foot however it makes my feet and bit of leg itchy . Not on the spots but the other parts. Does anyone know if this is diabeties related or whether it’s too do with the heat or a sign that I’m mildly allergic to some animal or plant in something else around my volunteer. (But the thing is these have only just appeared and I’ve been volunteering for nearly half a year) or something else. I have also recently had travel vaccinations. Don’t know if that has something to do with it
    Any ideas?
    [​IMG]

2. Tipetoo

Tipetoo Type 2 · Expert

They could be insect bites, don't scratch them as they may get infected.

3. Lulu9101112

Lulu9101112 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

How come you say insect bites? Pretty much the only insects around I’ve seen are fire ants, ants and bugs unless theirs another insect hiding in the grass. Should I leave it or get it checked out?

4. Tipetoo

Tipetoo Type 2 · Expert

Your foot, your choice as I cannot give medical advice.

• Like Like x 1
  5. kevinfitzgerald

kevinfitzgerald Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Could be one of the things you have mentioned or something else. If worried then I would get it checked out just to make sure. I don't mess about with any foot issues. It may need a little creme of some sorts. Could be a reaction to some thing.

• Like Like x 1
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook