Spring is sprung....

chocoholic

Isn't it just wonderful when all the daffs. come out and our gardens are swaying with golden loveliness? Nothing lifts my mood all year like the sight of spring flowers in bloom. I'm off out for a long walk in the woods now, it'll send my spirits soaring and my blood sugars dropping......the credit crunch can't take away nature's pleasures.

C

catherinecherub

I know what you mean Chocoholic,
Everything looks so different with the spring bulbs flowering and a bit of sunshine. It really does lift your spirits. Enjoy your walk,
Catherine.

Cameraman

Dislikes
Rude or ignorant people
Hear hear, I agree, I was having a rough day at work today when I noticed Daffys sprouting through the muck and rubbish on the grass verge, daft i know but it made me smile.

sugarless sue

Master
Dislikes
Rude people! Not being able to do the things I want to do.
All the crops are starting to sprout up through the ground making the hills a misty green colour.The daffies are out in the woods and the crocuses look gorgeous .The council grass cutter cut the park in front of the house today.It lifts the spirits even for just a day.

chocoholic

Well I messed up good and proper this morning. I got the wrong location for my walk and consequently no-one else turned up. :oops: Well, I decided to do the 5 mile walk on my own anyway. The wood was carpeted with primroses and wood anemones and I sat overlooking the river to eat my lunch, accompanied by butterflies and birdlife. Can you tell I enjoy the simple things in life?

Cameraman

Dislikes
Rude or ignorant people
chocoholic said:
Well I messed up good and proper this morning. I got the wrong location for my walk and consequently no-one else turned up. :oops: Well, I decided to do the 5 mile walk on my own anyway. The wood was carpeted with primroses and wood anemones and I sat overlooking the river to eat my lunch, accompanied by butterflies and birdlife. Can you tell I enjoy the simple things in life?

Sounds just the thing
thumb_yello.gif

C

catherinecherub

Thought these might cheer people up. The nearest I could find to daffodils..

Attachments

• Colorful_tulips.gif
    Colorful_tulips.gif
    6.8 KB · Views: 678

lilibet

Not to be half empty but..................

One word synonymous with Spring for me

Easter.

Two words synonymous with Easter

Chocolate Eggs

Three words thereafter

Im diabetic now :?

chocoholic

Great photo, Sue.

Aw, lilibet, don't think about them. Or treat yourself to one of the extra dark choccie ones.In my youth I used to love Cadbury's Creme Eggs but the thought of eating one of those now actually makes me feel sick. I'd much rather have a bunch of daffs on my windowsill, as my Easter treat.

cugila

Master
Dislikes
People who are touchy.......feign indignation at the slightest thing. Hypocrites, bullies and cowards.
Choc. Why wait ?

Attachments

• Daffs.jpg
    Daffs.jpg
    7.8 KB · Views: 609

BillB

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Impolite people, yobbish behaviour, pretentious people.
It's warmer in Luxembourg as well. Today I ignored my exercise bike, drove down to the town of Remich, parked the car about 15 minutes outside the town and took a brisk walk along the northern bank of the Moselle. I bought a Daily Telegraph, had a cup of coffee, and then took a brisk walk back to the car. The sun was shining, it was a lot warmer (though the breeze was somewhat on the cool side) and it was absolutely gorgeous. That was my 30 minutes exercise for the day. Wonderful.

Bubsy Malone

Dislikes
Patronising people, fish and cold callers
Forget the half hours exercise, my son is doing a drama course at our local theatre and I drop him off in the morning (to make sure he gets there on time!) and pick him up for his lunch. I had a few errands to run today so I popped into town while I was there, and what a difference! Everyone was walking around in short sleeves and sitting on benches eating their lunch and letting little ones run around them. Suffice it to say, I had a rather wide smile on my face when I walked back home (total time walking - about an hour and a half!) The summer spirit must have got into my son's teacher as well - she let him come home half an hour early because he did so well learning his lines!

IanD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Carbohydrates
I must get out & photograph the daffs on Norwood Green before the vandals gather them for what is wrongly called "Mothers Day." :twisted:

IanD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Carbohydrates
sugarless sue said:
What's wrong with 'Mother's day' Ian ?

"Mothering Sunday" is the correct term. American influence has resulted in "Mothers' Day."

See Mothering Sunday. My mother was very positive about the traditional term.