1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Squirting blood!

Discussion in 'Type 2 Diabetes' started by donnajv212, Sep 2, 2013.

1. donnajv212

donnajv212 Type 2 · Member

This may seem a bit strange but has anyone had problems when testing of the blood squirting out. Quite a few times now I'm pricking and getting hit in the face/eye by blood :shock: I'm not squeezing hard sometimes this is without squeezing its a bit strange ! x
    Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

2. badcat

badcat · Guest

I occasionally get it - think its when you hit a capillary with the lancing device - nothing to worry about

3. whompa73

whompa73 · Well-Known Member

Maybe because of the type i use I have never had this problem I think I would be very concerned I it did . There must be quite some pressure for it to do that. Accu check fast click is what I use it prety good

4. xAoifex

xAoifex Type 1 · Well-Known Member

I have done this several times, usually when wearing white clothing. Once I was lying on my sofa and it looked like a mini murder with a fine spray of blood on the wall!
    I must admit I am guilty of the squeeze before I've even checked to see if I am bleeding. The prick n squeeze manoeuvre.
    I use fast clix. It never concerns me just make me sit up and go "Ooooh"

5. Thundercat

Thundercat Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Happened to me once. I was in my gp office with gastroenteritis and he asked me to check. I'm not sure which of us got the biggest shock!

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

6. lovinglife

lovinglife Type 2 · Well-Known Member

This happened to me only once, I thought it was because I hit a previous " pin hole" that hadn't quite closed up, it was impressive though how high such a small squirt of blood can go, and it made my son laugh so much

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook