Squirting blood!

donnajv212

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
This may seem a bit strange but has anyone had problems when testing of the blood squirting out. Quite a few times now I'm pricking and getting hit in the face/eye by blood :shock: I'm not squeezing hard sometimes this is without squeezing its a bit strange ! x
Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

B

badcat

I occasionally get it - think its when you hit a capillary with the lancing device - nothing to worry about

whompa73

Dislikes
Chavs
Maybe because of the type i use I have never had this problem I think I would be very concerned I it did . There must be quite some pressure for it to do that. Accu check fast click is what I use it prety good

xAoifex

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I have done this several times, usually when wearing white clothing. Once I was lying on my sofa and it looked like a mini murder with a fine spray of blood on the wall!
I must admit I am guilty of the squeeze before I've even checked to see if I am bleeding. The prick n squeeze manoeuvre.
I use fast clix. It never concerns me just make me sit up and go "Ooooh"

Thundercat

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Happened to me once. I was in my gp office with gastroenteritis and he asked me to check. I'm not sure which of us got the biggest shock!

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

lovinglife

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
This happened to me only once, I thought it was because I hit a previous " pin hole" that hadn't quite closed up, it was impressive though how high such a small squirt of blood can go, and it made my son laugh so much