starting over again

phil169

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
been back to the hospital to day and got my butt kicked ( hard ) was there at 09:00 am and left at 2:00 pm. seen the dbn first and told her that I had given up so stopped my insulin and why (butt kicked) sent to see the doctor ( butt kicked) put back on insulin sent to see dietitian, told to increase carbs and given dietary goals. include porridge, pulses for soluble fibre to help lower cholesterol, include 5 portions of fruit and 5 portions of veg a day, include a hand full of nut 3-4 times a week. reduce cheese to no moor than 4 oz a week. lantus 68 units and apidra 6 units to 10 g carbohydrate. given new meter every thing programed in to help with control. back in 6 weeks and if things have not changed then they say we will have to keep you in. so back on the wagon. where do I go from here. all I see is a lot of needles, blood testing and a great deal of frustration when things go wrong again.

bonus

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Why did you stop looking after yourself?

Why increase carbs? = More insulin needed

Have you had Hypo's?

phil169

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
no to the hypo's.

have been on 0 to 30 carbs a day

I was fighting a losing battle to keep control of my bs and still they are 28-36 they hope that increasing the insulin that at some point it will come down but to me it is a big fight and I am not happy with all the insulin that I am pumping in to me at all. I am fine and well yes I know that my bs is to high and the need to bring it down but is it worth all the frustration when it for no reason any one can tell me it just will not drop and stay down for longer than 3-4 days.