Statistics wanted

peterlemer

PMFA, if this has been discussed already, please give a reference.

Is there data ( UK/US/Global) showing that the use of pumps is prolonging life and/or improving health indicators?

Also is there any similar information concerning the use pumps with children?

Any stats showing that pumps are more effective than injection therapy?

How many people on pumps via NHS?

How many people on waiting lists?

Are children automatically put on pumps in UK/US?

Can we make a direct comparison & learn what they are doing over there?

What is the cost to the NHS of people with complications from T1 and T2D? Kidney transplants, etc.

Is there a detailed breakdown of the total cost of poorly controlled diabetes, including lost productivity?

peter

ebony321

Dislikes
Tomatoes, Rude people, Bees!
peterlemer said:
PMFA, if this has been discussed already, please give a reference.

I am no expert but heres my two cents,,

Is there data ( UK/US/Global) showing that the use of pumps is prolonging life and/or improving health indicators?

Also is there any similar information concerning the use pumps with children?

Im sure by using google you can search for results from studies on pumps and children but as ith adults im 99% sure there is an improvement with children too, if not more as hormones can affect blood sugar, which with a pump can help to control this better.

Any stats showing that pumps are more effective than injection therapy?

again, as above im sure there are recorded investigations somewhere with a little research.

How many people on pumps via NHS?

it is estimated that 1 in 1000 have pump but im notsure how reliable this is as it is also estimated 350,000 people have diabetes, simple maths would say that 350 but that seems far too less to me. but i know the numbers are not even close to how many people in germany, U.S etc have pumps.

How many people on waiting lists?

You cannot be put on a waiting list, search for the INPUT webste for more detailed info.

Are children automatically put on pumps in UK/US?

No, along with adults you have to meet certain criteria, also listed on the INPUT website.

Can we make a direct comparison & learn what they are doing over there?

over where?:)

What is the cost to the NHS of people with complications from T1 and T2D? Kidney transplants, etc.

i reserched cost of implicatons and one cost i do know is for a bed it costs £350 apparently.

Is there a detailed breakdown of the total cost of poorly controlled diabetes, including lost productivity?

im not sure, but research intensively and im sure you could estimate this and i guarantee it will amount a alo more than a cost and running of a pump

peter