Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CarbsRok

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
pasta ice cream and chocolate
Hi I'm a 19 year old lass, I've been diabetic for nearly four years now, I find it so hard to keep on tract with my diabetes, so does anyone have any tips for me doing this? Thanks x

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App
Hi Sophie, like everything in life you will have your ups and downs, that's life as they say :)
For me personally I just take one day at a time, there is no use dwelling on a bad day yesterday, you can't change it and tomorrow is another day. I use this strategy with good effect as have been on insulin for 49 years. I met a gentleman yesterday who was diagnosed in t943 and he also uses the same idea. He was a real gentleman and with no complications either. Made my day meeting him :)

Reactions: 2 people

Jess33marsh

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi Sophie

I'm 33 and was diagnosed at 15 with Type 1. I still find it hard to keep on track with my diabetes. All you can do is try your best and accept you will have days where you feel like it's a struggle. Be kind to yourself and get to know your own body and what it tells you. Is there anything in particular your struggling with?

Jess

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Look at what might be in the future if you keep your diabetes well controlled, children, grandchildren and the possibility of leading a full and active life with few or no complications.

The book Think Like a Pancreas is full of useful tips and advice on how to control type 1 diabetes, if you've not read it then I suggest you do.

Reactions: 4 people

Omar101

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Ignorance, laziness.
Hate to be that guy but: "Staying on *track*" :hilarious:

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hate to be that guy but: "Staying on *track*" :hilarious:

In fairness....? :p I kind of see the OP's logic.. "Staying within certain boundaries...?"

a. An expanse of land or water.
b. A specified or limited area of land: developing a 30-acre tract.

Awfully sorry.. :( I hate to be "this guy" too..! ;)

Omar101

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Ignorance, laziness.
In fairness....? :p I kind of see the OP's logic.. "Staying within certain boundaries...?"

a. An expanse of land or water.
b. A specified or limited area of land: developing a 30-acre tract.

Awfully sorry.. :( I hate to be "this guy" too..! ;)

Hahaha sure but a tract is a fairly expansive area so staying on it isn't doesn't have any significance whereas a track is quite thin and leads to something important .;)

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hahaha sure but a tract is a fairly expansive area so staying on it isn't doesn't have any significance whereas a track is quite thin and leads to something important .;)

Point well made matey... I was trying to think like a 19 year old... Actually I still don't like to be constrained to the narrow.. I like to run into the woods from time to time & play with the wolves... Lol